11 February 2009

Prairie Schooler Exchange for Mylene

Mylene was the recipient for the first Prairie Schooler Exchange of the year. I thought it was appropriate to stitch February from the Summer & Winter Leaflet. I hadn't finished a pinkeep in a long time so this was the finishing method I chose.





Prairie Schooler - February from Summer & Winter Leaflet No.91.
32ct Natural DMC Linen.
DMC threads.
Finished as a pinkeep.

27 comments:

  1. That is really a lovely pinkeep!!! Your finishing is beautiful and Mylene will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,

    It is beautiful! The finishing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you for making something with so much white in it!! I absolutely hate doing large portions of white!! The piece is stunning!!

    Cross stitch in and of itself is lovely, but the finishing touches enhance the stitching. Your work has such attention for detail and the finish looks flawless.

    I am in awe of anyone who finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish Andrea! I love the little charm - what a sweet touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful Andrea - superb stitching and finishing! I love the signature 'plate' on the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pinkeep...love the charm and the tag on the back. Adds a more personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pinkeep, Andrea! Your finishing is superb :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is only one word to describe this - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pinkeep!!!! The finishing is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very pretty! Bright and atching colours, the details used. Such a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just lovely. what a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's beautiful, Andrea! Such a pretty finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching and finishing. I like the little charm and the name tag, which really gives it a very personalised touch. Great job, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so beautiful pinkeep! Great design and amazing finishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful Andrea!
    I love the the hand stitched label on the back of the pinkeep and the little charm on the front. These just make it extra special.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a beautiful pinkeep Andrea. I love how you added the initials on the back. Seeing your little charm on this reminds me I forgot to add one to the little gift I sent to someone today. Drat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a gorgeous pinkeep, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's perfectly stunning {insert deep sigh}! You've taken so much care in every little detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Your stitching and finishing is always such a treat to look at!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. An absolutely beautiful pinkeep, love your finishing and personification.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! This is absolutely amazing, you did an amazing finish on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful stitching and finishing! What a wonderful exchange gift. :)

    Your bellpull is coming right along. I'm enjoying watching your progress on it. Go Andrea, GO!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, that's beautifully stitched and finished!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is really stunning when you see it completed. So fitting for Valentine's Day too.
    I wish I had your talent at finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely design and beautiful finishing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a great choice of motif and your finishing skills are excellent. I love your little signature block on the back of the pinkeep. Very thoughtful. Mylene wilbe highly pleased!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.