Talking of the recent stash, my post prompted a question from Judy
First of all I would say that in the UK the choice is fairly limited compared to the USA, although I much prefer to stitch on Zweigart products, that are readily available, so that is not so much of an issue for me. I'm not into hand-dyed linens, I'm just a plain-jane kind of gal. I'm afraid I'm not very adventurous. If it's a large project then I will usually try and stitch on whatever the chart recommends. I do have whites and some neutral colours to hand but the stash enhancement last week doubled my amount. Smaller projects, exchanges, gifts and the like I tend to try and use up the left-overs I have and just colour-match as best I can.
I'm always interested in what types of fabric stitchers like to have on hand for their projects. Do you like to order the fabrics that are called for for each project you do or do you just have favourite types and colours that you like to
keep on hand and use regardless of what's called for on the chart???
First of all I would say that in the UK the choice is fairly limited compared to the USA, although I much prefer to stitch on Zweigart products, that are readily available, so that is not so much of an issue for me. I'm not into hand-dyed linens, I'm just a plain-jane kind of gal. I'm afraid I'm not very adventurous. If it's a large project then I will usually try and stitch on whatever the chart recommends. I do have whites and some neutral colours to hand but the stash enhancement last week doubled my amount. Smaller projects, exchanges, gifts and the like I tend to try and use up the left-overs I have and just colour-match as best I can.
It's beautiful Andrea!!!
ReplyDeleteA pretty start Andrea!
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be very pretty.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, this is looking so lovely :) I look forward to seeing your progress :)
ReplyDeleteVery pretty start, nice speciality stitches too :)
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful. I just love her stuff.
ReplyDeletelooks so tender and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove your work. My fabric stash is pretty much white or natural but I have started a few hand dyeds from silkweaver just so I can venture outside my comfort zone occasionally. And I do love cashel Linen in 32ct
ReplyDeleteBeautiful as always Andrea!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful start Andrea! I love this design! I love the sheepie row! :)
ReplyDeletewhat a pretty design and beautiful stitching.
ReplyDeleteI agree about the "plain jane" fabric. Sometimes I think the hand dyeds can distract from the stitching.
Your work is some of the best I have ever seen on any blog- I think others will agree. It's flawless. I just love this most recent piece and it looks great on the 32ct.
ReplyDeleteI also love how you answer people's questions in a subsequent blog. I often will ask a question and there is either no answer, or I might forget I asked it and not check that post again after posting on several different blogs. Thanks for that nice way of doing it - plus, we all get to know a little bit more about a number of topics!
I, too, stick to the basic colors- mostly because some of the other fabric choices are so expensive. I need to watch my budget. I'm waiting for the fabric fairy to drop off some various fabrics but I'm not holding my breath!!
looks nice:)
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous piece I shall enjoy watching develop. :0)
ReplyDeleteYou made a nice start on Morning Song. I also have Zweigart Platinum in my stash and it's a great colour for this project.
ReplyDeleteVery nice start. I love the platinum colour, I've got a fair bit of it in my stash.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty piece. I don't think I have seen this one before.
ReplyDeleteYou're off to a great start. That is a very pretty piece! :)
ReplyDeleteOohs and aahs! It's a great start; I really like it when people post WIP pics - although I rarely do it myself... Probably because I don't post often enough, so I manage to finish a project before posting a WIP pic of it ;)
ReplyDeleteI honestly don't know what I'd do if I got some handdyed or variegated fabric - I'd fondle it a lot and then put it back on the shelf, I fear...
This is looking lovely Andrea. I must say that I much prefer this stitched on a plain fabric, rather than the gingham that the design calls for. I think the design stands out so much better.
ReplyDeleteI have quite a few pieces of hand dyed fabric, but usually end up using good old antique white.
Andrea, this is sooo pretty! Love the colors!
ReplyDeleteLovely start Andrea. I enjoyed stitching this one:)
ReplyDeleteI must admit I used to like hand dyed fabby but now I prefer plainer fabby.