28 March 2009

A Small Finish

I have seen two or three of these designs stitched up over the past few weeks. This prompted me to stitch the chart I had in my stash again having stitched it for an exchange back in 2007. I did finish it as a flat-fold then but decided on a pretty pinkeep finish this time around.



Happy Bunny Bunny Day ~ The Trilogy.
32ct Summer Khaki Balfast Linen.
A mixture of the recommended DMC, GAST and WDW threads.
Buttons as supplied.
Finished as a pinkeep.

Thank you for all of the comments on my Just Nan finish. I think I will get the piece framed .... but I have left enough spare fabric if I decide to change my mind and finish it as a bellpull.

Santa of the Forest has made an appearance again. I'll update you with a photo next week. I don't really want to start anything else as I'm waiting for my partner for the next round of the Prairie Schooler Exchange.

33 comments:

  1. The design is so cute and your finishing is just perfect!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and delicate, especially I love how you decorated the edges with pink ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece. The fabric really is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it :) I have it in my to do pile :) Yours turned out just gorgeous :) Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The backing fabric is the perfect match and the ribbon is a lovely finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that is one GORGEOUS finish...I have this pattern, I need to stitch one, because everytime I see yours finished (from last year and now) I just want to grab it and keep it for myself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How incredibly darling! Your stitching and finishing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breathtaking! Your finish is so perfect, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is lovely! Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect pinkeep. Perfect fabric, perfect pins, perfect colors...just perfect. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet design and beautifully finished

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! Lovely! Beautifully finished as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous stitching and finishing on the pinkeep, love everything about it.
    The SB finish is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ribbon and the fabric is just perfect for this gorgeous pinkeep !
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just gorgeous!!!!! I love the finish and everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty and just in time for Easter - well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a gorgeous work! So pretty and delicate pinkeep, amazing colors, very nice finish. Oh, it's just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Andrea,

    I would imagine that the biggest
    compliment that you could give a
    designer of cross stitch patterns
    would be to want to stitch their
    designs many times, and love doing
    it each and every time.

    This Happy Bunny Day is obviously
    one of those designs. It is just
    adorable, and of course you've
    finished it off brilliantly. The
    pink accents are perfect and make
    the design really POP! The ribbon
    or braid edging is so pretty and
    the backing fabric dainty and
    delicate. Wonderful job Andrea,
    as always.

    And what can I say about Just Nan's
    Morning Song. Beautiful?? Oh yes!
    Why do sheep look so especially
    cute in cross stitch??? The
    abundance of colour must have made
    this a pleasure to stitch too. I
    like looking at the specialty
    stitches on it as well.

    We've had rain today, very heavy
    this morning but gone by lunch
    time, and tomorrow they're calling
    for strong winds which will make
    it feel cooler then the stated
    high of +6 Celsius. But it would
    appear that March will go out as
    a lamb, around here at least.

    Have a great week! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. can you show me where and how you connect the two ends of the ribbon around the pinkeep? I have one started, but can't figure out how to hide the cut end of the decorative trim around the border!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a cute design and I can easily understand that you wanted to stitch it again for yourself. I love the pinkeep finishing. I think I have the pattern somewhere. I think I'll dig it out ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such a sweet design and I love how you've finished it. The colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute pinkeep Andrea, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, wow, wow! Awesome finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love this! Beautiful finishing too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely LOVE this and have added your blog to mine, like I needed to add another blog like a hole in the head - but just couldn't resist as your things are so lovely! I love the trim and NEED to know where you got it from please, or how about pretty please? Lots of Love Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, it is wonderful finished piece! I really like :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, this is so pretty!!! Wonderful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's such a beautiful pinkeep, great work! I love this design, I've stitched it for an exchange. Your Just Nan finish is gorgeous, I love those photos you've taken of it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. omgosh that is an adorable pattern! love it made into a pinkeep :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. So lovely...
    And your finishing touch is so pretty.
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this pattern, beautifully finished!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.