17 August 2009

A Christmas Cracker

First of all a big thank you to Sally and Chris for allowing me a loan of this chart. When I saw this needleroll on Sally's blog I just loved it. Sally was kind enough to let it go on a de-tour to my house before going on to Chris.

I made a couple of changes. Obviously I had to find some lace, the original I think had a similar shape so I opted for this shape also for my version. There should of been a different pulled row underneath the lace but I didn't like it so I changed it to a 4-sided stitch. The chart only stated colours for the beads so I just chose some that matched.


English Christmas Roll - Shepherds Bush.
32ct Platinum Belfast Linen.
DMC as recommended, own choice of lace and beads.

17 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous needleroll Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty. Your finishing is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these SB needlerolls look fantastic. I love your personal version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the pink ribbons on either end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love this design. Gorgeous finish! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful handwork, Andrea! I love it when stitchers add their own touches to a piece and make it their very own...I do it all the time!

    Love the blog BTW!!

    Terri
    dixiesamplardesigns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a beautiful needleroll finish! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely Andrea, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous finish Andrea.
    I love your version of the needle roll.
    I'm not quite ready to think about Christmas just yet but it will be here soon enough!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    Your needle roll is so beautifull!
    I just loved your "Santa of the Forest" !!! I think that is the most fantastic stitch I saw!!!
    Congratulations!! You are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea, that is absolutely gorgeous. Love the changes you made, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you SO MUCH for this post. I loved it...Good one ....thanks for sharing this post with us.....

    --
    Venus
    Are you scared to be alone at

    home need security

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.