18 September 2009

Bands 1 - 3

I've made a start on The Acorn Sampler (Little Learning Band). Bands 1 to 3 are complete. It may only be 2" wide but this is 2 evenings work! Lots of Queen's stitches in those acorns. Another fact about this sampler is that there are only 4 colours; cream, gold, brown and green. I'm not sure about Band 1, it says to run your waste thread underneath the stitched you have created. It looks untidy to me so I think the ends will have to be finished off on the backside of the piece. Me and untidy do not go together.

11 comments:

  1. That's looking gorgeous so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely WIP. I do love Autumnal designs too, so am really going to enjoy watching this develop. Thoroughly enjoyed my catch up too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, that is too sweet! I love how the acorns are made. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! The acorns are just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you run it through the threads on the back?

    The whole thing is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see more of it develop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. All those Queen stitches look so perfect, I'd like to be able to stitch them as perfectly. This is definitely a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitches are just beautiful! This is a beautiful piece.
    I loved your nosegay. It is so pretty and dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog, Andrea. You do some amazing stitching yourself! I love these acorns - just beautiful stitching. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.