10 October 2009

Another First

Woah! I'm full of surprises lately! I've had my first taste of stitching on 40ct linen. It certainly won't be my last. I LOVE it!

I thought it was about time I stitched Sew Red, the first in a series of designs by CarolR. After seeing so many wonderful finishes of this design I decided I wanted to stick with the original colour scheme. I chose Gloriana Cranberry - it's nearly ran out now! - and a piece of cream 40ct Newcastle linen. I am so pleased with the results. My aim was to finish it as apinkeep and add it to my 'red' basket collection.







Sew Red (freebie) - CarolR.
40ct Cream Newcastle Linen using Gloriana Cranberry.
Finished as a pinkeep.

40 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love that red!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Gorgeous hun, congrats on such a beautiful piece

    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I am going to have to find this pattern now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in just received the pattern from her website
    your needlework & finish are wonderful
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just BEEutiful, Andrea :)
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Looks great in your "red" basket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Gorgeous finish!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, it is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching and beautiful finish, Andrea!

    So, I'm curious - how did you come to stitch 40 ct and now love it? Did you use magnifiers? I guess I'm wondering what held you back before and why you love it now...if it's not too nosy! Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful is that? You did an excellent job stitching and finishing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finish...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so lovely! Wonderful finishing too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely design. You did a beautiful job on the stitching and finishing.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andrea, both your stitching and finishes are always exquisite! I love to visit your blog and be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's gorgeous. You do such beautiful work, finishing too.

    So glad you've discovered 40 count. I love it.

    tjbdesigns
    http://stitchingandbeading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's lovely Andrea, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh it's gorgeous! I love 40 count! It's so flawless if you know what I mean. I might do some christmas ornies in it. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, thats so pretty Andrea, another lovely finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been seeing pics of this design on a number of blogs. Your finished piece is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a pretty stitch! and I love how you finished it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, Andrea, that is simply beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Pretty stitching , I love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous finish. You do beautiful work,Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that is gorgeous - love the colour! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the red collection!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooooooohhhhh - lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Andrea,

    Well, you've gone and managed to
    stitch yet another treasure ....
    and it's RED!!! This is a real
    beauty, and being 40 count it
    must be quite dainty as well.
    Good for you, trying yet another
    "new thing" in your stitching.

    Your basket full of red finishes
    is stunning. Love them all!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another absolutely gorgeous finish :) I love the floss color will have to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Andrea, this is such a beautiful finish. I love the idea of a red basket.
    The Acorn Sampler finish is gorgeous, too. You seem to be very busy, don't you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely gorgeouse!! Stitching and finishing:) Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. plain and charming. beautiful his colour

    ReplyDelete
  32. plain and charming. beautiful his colour

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your finish is beautiful. I've never been brave enough to attempt stitching on 40ct. linen.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is just so pretty Andrea. I've yet to attempt anything on 40ct.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely gorgeous. LOVE IT! So glad I found your blog.
    Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.