26 November 2009

Christmas Exchange Gifts From Edgar

I had the most wonderful surprise in the post yesterday. Edgar was my secret partner for the Christmas Gifts Between Friends Exchange and he sent me something I thought I would never receive. I had longed for a box but never dreamt I would be gifted one. It's also something that I probably would never do for myself as I've not seen any boxes like this in the UK. The stitched piece is by Primitive Needle, called Yule Sampler, stitched on a piece of 32ct Solo by Silkweavers and with the recommended thread. I had a box full of goodies too. I did tell Edgar when I emailed him yesterday that I hadn't touched the chocolates....well I have tonight. :) Yummy! Thank you so much Edgar, I think you know how happy I am. :))





21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift, I know you're thrilled!
    Have a great Thanksgiving!
    Leeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous, gorgeous gift. Edgar's Boxes are Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad I did get to see this after all. What a stunner! Fab extras too - no wonder you are delighted. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful! I have long wanted to do one of those Primitive Needle charts myself, and to see what a marvelous use to which it was put is a pleasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift! And wonderful extras too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful exchange , the box is so beautifully finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous! What a fantastic gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a gorgeous box! What a wonderful surprise that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you are so excited about your gift. This box is just marvellous. I have never seen such a box here either but when I find one I'll try such a finishing myself.
    Enjoy your wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful. A gorgeous present. I also like boxes very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful gift Andrea, Edgar has done a lovely job on this. I still have not found any boxes in the UK, I will let you know when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You lucky lucky girl that is fantastic....enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful box you received, Andrea! Edgar did a spectacular job stitching it and filling it with goodies--lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay so I am just saying what everyone else said but it really is beautiful. Enjoy it and I'm sure glad I didn't get the chocolate because I am on a massive diet.
    Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous exchange you are very lucky indeed :) It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely gift and wonderful surprise.
    It's such a treat getting something you know you can't find here in England.
    It's beautifully stitched and finished.
    Best wishes Angela

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a knock-out gift! I know you'll be enjoying that one for years to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love the design Edgar chose for the box and the finishing is just fabulous.
    I can imagine your delight when you opened your parcel to find such treasure.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  19. I recently stitched this piece, but without finish-finishing it. It looks good on a box.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.