14 December 2009

December Delights

Last week I had an email from CarolR with a very special attachment. It was "Sew Peace". I was so delighted with my gift that I just had to stitch it right away. I was slightly worried as I'm not very good at choosing my own colours and I'm trying to use what I already have in my stash. Remember the package from Edgar ..... perfect green. :) At first I tried the cranberry one and a light brown NPI Silk. It didn't look right for the robins, so I changed to Crescent Colours Ruby Slippers (picked a rich red bit of the thread) and a darker brown NPI Silk. I chose one of my favourite finishing styles, added ruched ribbon and red pins. I'm just so chuffed with how it has all come together. I urge you all to go to Carol's blogaversary post to try to win one of these charts as you won't be disappointed.





Sew Peace - CarolR.
36ct antique white Edinburgh linen.
Crescent Colours Belle Soie - Creme de Menthe, Crescent Colours - Ruby Slippers, NPI Sils - No.955 Dark Brown.
Stitched 1 over 2.
Finished as a pinkeep.

-oOo-

I finished this needleroll a couple of weeks ago but neglected to show it. Originally I put green ribbon in, it looked OK but it didn't feel right. While in town over the weekend I bought some ribbon close to the DMC926 that was used. I'm so much happier with it now. It's surprising how something so small can make such a difference.



Forget Me Not Needleroll - The Sweetheart Tree.
32ct white belfast linen.
DMC, DMC Perle #12.

23 comments:

  1. Oooo Andrea, these are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Carol's designs and am trying hard to win one :)
    No wonder you are so pleased with how this came out. It's gorgeous and looks really festive with the green ruched ribbons and red pins. I love it!
    Your needleroll is every bit as pretty too.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh Andrea you have done such a great job on both of them.
    Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finishes Andrea! I love your ruched ribbon trim. Do you just sew through it to make it gather? The effect is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful stitches. I love how you finished SEW.
    Your needleroll is gorgeous. I love Sweetheart Tree designs as they are so delicate and are so beautiful done up. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! They're both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea- what an amazing finish of Sew Peaceful. The ruched ribbon, the red pins and the backing fabric are a perfect compliment to your beautiful stitching and the pins on the bow look just like holly berries.

    Pretty needleroll too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your needleroll is soooooo lovely!!! Adorable =)
    Love the blue heart ♥!
    Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Sew Peace is very pretty. Such nice finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your choice of colors is wonderful and the finishing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The needle roll is wonderful!! Simply great, Andrea:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitches are wonderful. I especially love Sew Peace, it is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching and finishing on both pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love your colour choices and the finish is perfect. It's so Christmassy. I feel like dropping what I'm doing and stitching it up immediately :>)
    Your NR is really pretty too. I love that DMC 926 range of colours and recently stitched a little angel in it. It's here, under exchanges, if you have a minute :>)
    www.picturetrail.com/angelasweby
    Warm wishes Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both pieces are just so beautiful. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are gorgeous!!!!!! Love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have just found your blog through Lena in Finland. Your work is so beautiful and I am sure I will visit here often.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two more beauties, Andrea! That needleroll is especially spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pinkeep is gorgeous! I love the green ruched ribbon with the red pins. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful, Andrea. The red accents on the sampler are so very special and impressive. Great.
    I love your needleroll, I have stitched a couple of ST needlerolls myself and they are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Andrea noth your needleroll and the sampler are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.