My time this past week has been taken up with my first PIF which I sent off yesterday. According to my last update of The Spirit of Christmas it seems I have stitched quite a bit further than I thought, mainly due to the fact that I had most of Sunday back on it. I can't wait to start his jacket, but I feel I should get the outer ribbons and greenery done before it gets too tedious.
Your Santa is looking great. You're making me want to get 'Santa of the Forest' out and finally start it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching Andrea. This is going to be a stunner :)
ReplyDeleteSanta looks beautiful! I can hardly wait to see it finished!
ReplyDeleteHe's looking great Andrea!
ReplyDeleteYour Santa is looking great. You have certainly made good progress on the ribbon and greenery.
ReplyDeleteNice progress on the Santa so far. He's looking great!
ReplyDeleteToo beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt's great Andrea! The colors in that arch are so rich and vibrant. I can't wait to see it when you get into his jacket. I did Santa in the Forest years ago and as all L&L and Mirabilias - they're gorgeous when finished.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching. I am enjoying watching your progress and cannot wait to see the finish. I hope to start L&L's Angel of Hope in 2010. I have had the pattern for several years, but was too intimidated to start. Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteWow Andrea he is a handsome one I love it.
ReplyDeleteWow Santa is gorgeous Andrea, am gonna love watching this one grow.
ReplyDeleteHugs xxxxxx
It is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteStunningly beautiful and gets more so with each update :)
ReplyDeleteI've always admired this piece, Andrea, and I love watching yours come to life! Just beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteSanta looks lovely! And you're right to get the greenery done first, because you KNOW all that white on the coat will be a hard one... (That's where I got tired of it - the red was fairly easy and a nice stitch.)
ReplyDelete<3
Perfect stitching :) He's going to be great.
ReplyDelete(Love your choice of blog background and the snowflakes pillow too.)
What a wonderful design. Can't wait to see it ready!
ReplyDeleteGreetings, Gabi (Germany)
Sorry, mean finished!
ReplyDeleteGabi
He's just great. Very nice progress.
ReplyDeleteI hope the cold has gone a bit and it has become warmer where you live.
Hi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment - I really appreciate it!
Your Santa is just gorgeous. His beard and the greenery are just amazing. I haven't seen this design before I am off to have a look at the pattern. My mum stitched the Santa of the Forest for me years ago and he would lovely alongside your one! :-)
Best wishes,
Jackie
You're motoring along on good ol' Santa - he's looking great! :D
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteThe Spirit of Christmas is just
gorgeous already and will look
wonderful when complete and
displayed alongside Santa of the
Forest. The greenery and the red
ribbon look almost three dimensional
even in though viewed in a photograph.
Hmmmm.... The photo that you posted
of your two RAK is very tantalizing.
It's going to be very hard to wait
almost an entire year to see what
you'll be stitching for next
Christmas's lucky winners.
Are you still in the grip of
cold and snow in the U.K.???
We've had very little snow here
so far this season, and right
now we've got a January thaw
that's given us temperatures
around +6 Celsius. It won't
last, but we're enjoying it
while we can.
Cheers!
Great progress - the deep red on that fabric is beautiful!
ReplyDeletethat will be so gorgeous
ReplyDeleteOh I admire your work.It is beautiful and requires much patience - which I do not have a great deal of.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
Santa is looking really good Andrea.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see him again - fabulous! :0)
ReplyDelete