2 February 2010

Another Addition To My Red Basket

Usually I don't stitch designs twice, but I did want to stitch this again after I sent it as a PIF gift last year. I would like to try to fill my redwork basket just a little bit this year if I can. I think this is the first beaded edge piece I have finished for myself.







ABC aux Fleurs - Le Grenier de Zoe (freebie).
32ct antique ivory belfast linen.
DMC 115.
Finished as a small pillow.

-oOo-

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments for the mattress pincushion finish and all other comments of course. It's really good to hear from new readers making themselves know and from regular followers. I know a few of you have asked about my finishing procedure shall we say! I will try and put something together as soon as I can. I'll find something to stitch and hopefully get it done in time to photograph at the weekend.

38 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece and the beaded edge is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh; I really would love a mattress pynkeep tutorial from you!

    This new work is wonderful, as usual. DMC 115 seems to be pretty popular throughout the needlework world; I've never tried it, however. Guess I should soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous red piece Andrea - great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING as always dear Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red finish! It's about time you treated yourself to a beaded edge considering how many I've seen you stitch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, no wonder you stitched it again to keep.

    I must try a beaded finish like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I'd love to see pics of your red basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me want to do another one and keep for myself also!! Love the red....I too am building a red basket....Beautiful finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful and that beaded edge is just the perfect touch for it! Would love to see all the things that you have in your red basket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beaded edge is perfect! What a lovely pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. another fab finish
    whooo hooooo for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pillow finish. I like the idea of a redwork basket - you'll have to show a picture. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous and I'm glad you get to keep it for yourself as you are always so generous with your stitching.
    Can't wait for your finishing tutorial.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHat a lovely finish. 115 is my favourite colour and I have been using it a lot recently. This design shows it off beautifully.
    Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely finish, the beads are a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. a very beautiful finish. You do such fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charming =) Very pretty! Congrats :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmm, funny that, I dont think I have stitched myself something with beaded edging either! Might have to remedy that this year.
    Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely finish! I like the idea of having a redwork basket!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I'll be stitching this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful! Love the beaded edge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Andrea,

    I do love the beading around the
    edges of your little pillow. It
    really sets off the red stitching
    so very nicely. This is a lovely
    addition to your basket of red
    stitching.

    I love the mattress finished
    design in your previous post too.
    It's beautifully done. I was
    looking for this freebie on the
    designers site but didn't have
    any luck. Will have to look
    again when I have more time.
    Its a sweet design and I do love
    the colors that it's stitched
    with.

    Seeing some of your finishing
    techniques will be awesome and
    might be the encouragement I
    need (push in the right direction,
    as it were) to attempt something.
    If mine were to turn out half as
    nice as yours I'd be thrilled...
    and shocked.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am curious about your "red" basket......LOVE your pincushion, beautiful shades of red.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous little pillow, and I love the mattress pincushion too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful finish Andrea!!
    Take care
    Marion
    Nova Scotia
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  26. a beautiful addition to the red basket !

    ReplyDelete
  27. that and the mattress pin cushion are just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your finishes are always so beautiful! The beaded edge looks great and the thread colour is also lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Andrea...can you email me? I think we are having email issues again and I need to check on something-didn't want to spoil a surprise, but I am thinking an email didn't get through to you :)
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty ! i know this pattern, i have done it a long time again and i like 115 Dmc!! the color is great !! Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very lovely finish Andrea! I'm glad you decided to do this one again for yourself. It's a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely little pin pillow and the beads just set it off right.
    I love your mattress pincushion. What a beautiful job you did on it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's gorgeous, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, Andrea, I aboslutely love this. DMC 115 is so pretty. I think I need to stitch this one!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.