20 March 2010

Gone AWOL and a PIF received.

Sorry to of deserted you all. I've been away from the computer for a week enjoying the horse racing delights of the Cheltenham Festival on TV. I haven't been stitching too much either, so not a lot to tell you on that. I do get swollen knuckles from time to time, mainly on my little fingers. I think it's arthritis, Mum has the same problem on most of her knuckles. But a couple of weeks ago 3 knuckes on my right hand, the knuckles below the nails, became swollen. I thought I'd better enforce 4 non-stitching days, mainly because I couldn't decide what I wanted to stitch! It's all gone again now so normal service is resumed.

However, I do have to tell you that Lisa V has received her PIF gift. I hoped Lisa did not have this design in her collection - which she doesn't - and finished it off as a pinkeep. Sorry the first photo seems to be somewhat blurry, but you get the drift.





Small House Sampler - Little House Needleworks (freebie hand-out).
32ct lambswool jobelan.
Mixture of DMC, GAST and Crescent Colours.
Finished as a pinkeep.

24 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Your finishing is marvelous. What a lucky lady Lisa is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself, and that stitching is a "go"! Your work is beautiful; always a pleasure to see it. :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry to hear that you have arthritis in your fingers, ouch!

    What an elegant pinkeep Andrea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pinkeep!!! I'm sure that Lisa will always treasure it! I'm sorry to hear about your fingers, and glad they are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finish is beautiful!!! Lisa is one lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finish Andrea! Sorry about the arthritis, that sounds really painful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely pinkeep, Andrea. Sorry to hear about the arthritis, but glad that your fingers are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finish!

    I do hope your fingers are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear your hands are doing better. This little pinkeep is darling! I'm sure Lisa was ecstatic! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitch and perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pinkeep is beautiful. Sorry about the arthritis. I take two Aleve every morning because of the knees. And now, hop over to my blog, I put you down for an award.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful pinkeep!

    Glad your hands are better so you can start stitching again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pinkeep. I'm sorry to hear you have trouble with your knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa must be thrilled, it's a beautiful pinkeep!
    My Mom has arthritis in her fingers similar to that but so far I haven't shown any signs of it. It seems to have hit my sister instead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Andrea. Glad to hear you are back to stitching and all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really beautiful pinkeep for Lisa, I know she loved it :) Glad to hear your fingers are a bit better too! I'd go absolutely crazy if I couldn't stitch for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful pinkeep! I'm so sorry about your sore fingers - not fun - but I hope they'll continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Andrea! It's awful when your fingers start hurting. My wrists hurt if i do too much knitting. Hope it doesn't come back anytime soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty finish - and I'm sorry to hear you have arthritis, it must be very annoying when it gets in teh way of your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful gift. Lisa is very lucky to receive such a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Andrea, it is stunning! I just love LHN and the way you've finished this and displayed it is just wonderful.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your swelling and glad to hear that it's gone down with a few days rest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have the same problem - kept (mostly) under control by eating oily fish daily. Hope you're able to keep it minimal too.
    Lucky Lisa V, it's another truly lovely piece. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to hear the fingers are feeling better.

    The pinkeep is gorgeous, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is lovely Andrea and, as always, a finishing masterpiece.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.