22 March 2010

What's Black & White & Red All Over?

It's no joke! I have stitched CarolR's newest freebie while deciding what I want to stitch. Having gone through the packages that I had supposedly kitted up, there doesn't seem to be anything complete. Bother! Hopefully some fabric should arrive by post this week. Back to the finish. I had a touch of inspiration with this piece ..... the red hearts. So a little pinkeep, sumptuous velvet ribbon and the addition of a red-hearted pin to top it off.











Sew Easy - CarolR - iStitch Charts (freebie).
36ct antique white Edinburgh linen.
NPI Silks - 998 (Black & White Range), 226 (Berry Red Range).
Finished as a pinkeep.

31 comments:

  1. Congrats on another gorgeous finish Andrea :) I love the simplicity of the white fabric, black floss with the red heart accents and the pin on top makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Andrea. I love the black and white with just a touch of red for punch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great - very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It is gorgeous.

    So have you picked out your next project?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful finish Andrea.
    LISA V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful finish. Lovely colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the colors and the fabrics you chose! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool finish Andrea! I love the black and white and the back of the piece is so unique. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you stitch and finish my designs Andrea - your pinkeep is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, beautiful pinkeep Andrea! I love the little red hearts and that backing fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous finish , I love it . X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant! Looks like it should be at a black-tie dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classic and very elegant!!! Love the ribbon you've used too

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is absoulutely beautiful and I love it. Nice blog of beautiful things also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its beautiful Andrea your finishing and stitching are soo sooo divine

    ReplyDelete
  16. The little touches of red are brilliant! If my finished projects end up half as good as yours, I'll be a very fortunate stitcher indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful finish Andrea. I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Classy. Pretty. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is truly stunning. I have always loved the look of black and white and your finishing skills are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Andrea I absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Andrea, your pinkeep is elegant and absolutely stunning! I love the addition of the red hearts...the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks just great and I love the touch of red with the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous Andrea. Black, white, and red is one of my favorite combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is another stunner. Love absolutely everything about this. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's lovely Andrea, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carol's design looks amazing stitched up in black especially with the tiny little red hearts which just finish it off perfectly. I can't believe how different it looks from the version i stitched :>)
    Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely design by Carol and a beautifully finished interpretation by you.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love so much the colours and your finish!!! Really compliments!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.