17 April 2010

HummingBead Heaven -- EDITED

Finished as of last night. I think this one will be framed ..... in time. I'll wait until I have a few smaller pieces that need to be framed and take them in altogether.




HummingBead Heaven by Just Nan.
28ct Platinum Cashel Linen.
Used recommended DMC threads and beads/charm from chart-pack.

-oOo- -oOo- -oOo- -oOo- -oOo-

Julia.....I have your email, I will try and put a tutorial together to answer all of your questions. Does anyone else know of a tutorial for a beaded edge to a pillow/ornament ..... I'm sure I've seen one but can't remember where?

Melinda came to my rescue. Staci at Snippets and Stash has an excellent tutorial.

37 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful ! I love the tiny hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous band sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sampler!:)

    I think you mean this tutorial:
    http://snippetsandstash.blogspot.com/2009/11/about-those-edgings.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finish is gorgeous. I love Just Nan!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish! I love that little hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Andrea!! It's beautiful! I've had the pattern in my stash for years... maybe it's time to get it out!! :) I can't wait to see it framed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Andrea! I can't wait to see it, and all your pieces, framed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful Andrea :) WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful finish. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful sampler Andrea! I can't wait to see it, and all your others, framed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Andrea! I stitched this for Kirby when it first came out and enjoyed doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful, Andrea! Congratulations on your lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful work, Andrea! I love all the little details in this one and that hummingbird bead is so pretty isn't it. Makes me want to pull my chart out and begin it right away...if only I had more hours in my days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really pretty and and what a lovely finishing touch the little hummingbird charm makes!

    Julia:0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Andrea. I too love the little hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful. An amazing piece. Love the added hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's absolutely beautiful!

    I think Jolene did a beaded edge tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's absolutelty gorgeous, love the bunny hopping over the cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Andrea, that is stunning - absolutely beautiful. The little hummingbird just finishes it so well. I must see if I can find that design.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh that's fantastic! Congratulatiosn on your JN finish.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is one of my all time favourite Just Nan designs and one which I stitched years ago.
    You've done the most beautiful job on it.
    Your work is always so lovely Andrea - a real pleasure.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous finish!!!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is just so pretty Andrea. I absolutely love the colours and that charm is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very, very pretty Andrea,well done on another gorgeous finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's gorgeous Andrea, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Andrea,

    Well, another beautiful stitching project
    finished and looking spectacular. As with
    most Just Nan samplers it's full of cute
    specialty stitches that make the design
    unique and fascinating to look at, and
    look and look and look. It's amazing how
    just a couple of cross stitches and some
    back stitching can create a very realistic
    looking bug, or a leaf. It's definitely a
    Spring design with all those lovely colors
    and the Hummingbird charm is so sweet.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Undeniably Just Nan and undeniably beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is such a beautiful sampler, good luck on framing it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh which talent you have! It is wonderful! I write you of France and I admire your realizations!
    Accept my friendship with simplicity
    Marylin

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooo Andrea, I have been thinking of buying one of Just Nans samplers, you have now convinced me just how gorgeous they are!

    Beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.