3 May 2010

Feeling Blue

I was actually looking for some thread for another project but when I came across GAST Old Blue Paint I thought it would be perfect for what I had in mind for CarolR's Sew Blue. Then I was sure I had some fabric, so was on the hunt for that. Unfortunately it wasn't the right blue but... in there was another piece that matched the GAST wonderfully well. (Oh just realised I haven't taken a photo of that...you'll just have to believe me and imagine. LOL!) I knew I had pins that would do just the job as I'd just put them in the new boxes a few days ago. But then it turned sour. Obviously I had a pinkeep in mind. What about the trim. No blue was to be found that would match. :( Woo-hoo for ECRU! Thinking about it I needed a contrast for the blue pins anyway. So here is my version.



Sew Blue by istitch (CarolR).
40ct Flax Newcastle Linen.
GAST - Old Blue Paint, Braid & Ribbon - Ecru, Pins - Ice.
Finished as a pinkeep.

33 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful finish, I love the colour combinations. Where do you get your pins from? I seem to be having trouble finding any and would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish !
    Bravissima!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. I love the contrast of the ecru trim and the blue pins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finish. I love the spacing of the pins and the way you arranged them on the bow. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Andrea, I love your embrodery! Have a nice day, Anita Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. You probably have made me try one of Carols designs with this lovely piece.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just pefect!!! Colours pins...everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, what a beautiful finish - I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitch and finish Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Congrats on the finish :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's such a delicate finish, I love it!
    Thanks for the link to find the chart. I'll be ordering a couple of Carol's charts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The Ecru trim is just the thing for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful rendition of SewBlue! I love the contrast of the cream against the pale blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful! Congratulations on an awesome finish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tha is so beautiful ! Wel done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's delightful. I think the contrasting edging sets it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful! The stitching is so pretty and I love that color. but your finishing is perfect. You did a fantastic job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's lovely, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the blue & ecru together - another beautiful finish Andrea. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Andrea that is beautiful! You have a wonderful eye for colour.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Andrea, you stitched and finished two great pieces lately. Carol's Sew Blue looks so nice with the blue and ecru combination. And the Sweetheart Tree needleroll is very beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this! A very elegant finish for this pretty design.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.