25 June 2010

Another Area, Another Dividing Band

I have been catching up with my stitching since coming back off holiday. I thought this area (the entwined hearts) would not take me so long as it is all xstitch but it has taken me 2 evenings!



An Open Heart by The Drawn Thread.
34ct Cafe Au Lait Legacy Linen.
NPI Silks.
As of 25/06/10.


I have had a lovely week in Cornwall. The weather was beautiful and sunny but not too hot. I was staying near Truro and got to visit The Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan which were superb, well worth a look, along with a few National Trust places. The cottage was very peaceful and relaxing ..... but it's back to reality now. :)

17 comments:

  1. We visited Heligan a few years ago and thought the gardens were fabulous! Nice progress on AoH too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DT piece is looking wonderful!

    I saw a programme years ago on the restoration of the Lost Gardens of Heligan - fascinating. Now I need to see them for myself.
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Open Heart is coming along lovely Andrea!

    I visited The Eden Project about 4 years ago - living in Plymouth I didn't have too far to travel. I bet I would notice quite a change when I go back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stitching. I just love your blog....great picture, inspiration and ideas!!

    hugs
    -missy-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always a jolt to come back to reality isn't it? I think that your stitching is wonderful. That is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made great progress on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your open heart is gorgeous. Lovely progress. I like Cornwall but still haven't been to the Eden project yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An Open Heart is coming along nicely Andrea - you are getting me inspired to dig my UFO out, I don't think I've touched mine since early 2007!! enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your vacation was so relaxing, Andrea! Love your progress--it is so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like it was a very relaxing vacation. I enjoyed the links to the gardens.
    Open Heart looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea this is coming so beautifully. I just love the gentle colours.

    Glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a lovely holiday. This is coming along beautifully. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday and Open Heart is looking gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful. I just love seeing what you are working on. I love holidays that let me stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your intertwined hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's looking beautiful, Andrea - I love the muted pinks!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.