9 July 2010

Getting There ..... Slowly

I do feel awful that I haven't been visiting your blogs much lately. Time just seems to get away from me these days. So I do apologise.

Another section has been completed. I have read a bit ahead of myself and I see the next section I have to CUT. Oh boy! This could be the slowest section ... EVER! Come back in 2 months to see how I have done. :)



An Open Heart by The Drawn Thread.
34ct Cafe Au Lait Legacy Linen.
NPI Silks.
As of 08/07/10.

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful Andrea! IIRC, I don't think the cut section was too hairy and Cynthia's instructions are crystal clear, as always. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning stitches. I too am extra careful almost too slow when it comes to cutting the linen. Those two things just shouldn't go together--cutting + linen = holes!! lol lol

    hugs
    -missy-

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gets more beautiful with each post Andrea. I'm sure you will be fine with the cut section - remember count twice or three times before cutting! Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty project! Love seeing your progress...can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - remember - it's all about the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, if there's cutting involved I'm outta there! I don't get along very well with cutting. It's a beautiful piece though and I'm sure you'll do well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful work! May you have steady hands ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just take your time and I know the cutwork will be as lovely as the rest of "An Open Heart" is, Andrea--your work is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply beautiful Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is a spectacular piece! I look forward to more progress pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so pretty :) I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG that is GORGEOUS! That is going on my wish list right NOW! I've not wanted to put any charts on that list in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am wondering if you know of any good sampler motif sites on the internet. I want to do a custom sampler as a wedding gift with motifs based around the owl and a pussycat poem - so I'm looking for a nice cat, owl, boat, tree/plants, crown, ring, etc + a nice alphabet to do initials and a date. Any ideas?

    I want to do historical looking motifs similar to this owl and crown http://www.casacenina.com/isabelle-vautier/reine-des-forets.html and want to complete the sampler in one colour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your progress pictures of An Open Heart. A beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Hope the cutting wasn't too traumatic... can't wait to see this piece in all its glory. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty piece! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.