14 August 2010

Back Into The Habit ....

.... of finishing. I hadn't anything that remotely went with this colour of thread, so had to go with different shades, but it looks OK. The reverse of this piece is covered with another piece of the 40ct Newcastle linen, at least the front and back match! I had a play with the edging which makes it a bit different to other pinkeep I have.

Can I just say a HUGE thank you to everyone for still visiting. I know I have been a bit quiet on here for a while with not much to show. Hopefully now the weather seems to have turned and it looks like Autumn is on it's way ... what!! ... I will feel more like sitting down and stitching.








Sew Pink (In Purple) - iStitch Charts designed by CarolR.
40ct flax Newcastle linen.
Weeks Dye Works - Mulberry.
Finished as a pinkeep.

37 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Andrea!! Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea it's gorgeous! Beautifully stitched and finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty finish, it looks just like a picture perfect pinkeep to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful..thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Andrea! I love how you've attached the ribbon trim, I might just have to borrow that idea one day. I have Carol's complimentary design Sew Blue here all stitched waiting for me to get around to making up - I love her designs! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finish. The way you've attached the ribbon is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love the Mulbery floss and the finishing is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! I love your twist on the edging, might have to "borrow" that idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a lovely job Andrea! That edging is so beautiful.
    I'm starting to get that urge to sit and stitch more too. It seems to go hand in hand with the urge to start baking. Autumn must be in the wind for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your finish is absolutely gorgeous Andrea. I love the edging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finish! the color is spectacular. Love the finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Mulberry colour you used for it. It's so nicely finished with the matching ribbon and pin heads.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!! I really love how you did the ribbon around the sides...will have to try that out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the ribbon on the side. I'm going to have to try that. Lovely. I like how the pins match the stitching color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely finishing Andrea! Love how you did the edging!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous finish there girl!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really love this the colour and the finishing its fantastic.
    I will definitly have to try the way you have done that edging - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very sweet finish--and please send some finishing mojo my way!

    Also, thanks so much for your info on the Mulberry--I wound up going ahead and purchasing a skein just yesterday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful finish Andrea - especially love the 'ruffle' edging - I can a few more pinkeeps will be finished like that in the future judging by earlier comments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Since purple just happens to be my favorite color I think it is fabulous! The edgeing detail looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Since I love purples and lavenders of all hues, tints and shades, I think it all matches quite perfectly. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Stitched and finished perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sigh... your finishes are always so darling, Andrea. I really love your ribbon and pin finish on the sides--I'm going to file that away for future use. Thanks for always inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks wonderful. I love the ribbon and pins around the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's really beautiful, Andrea! The edge especially is so wonderful, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous doesn't even begin to describe this lovely pinkeep.
    Your finishing skills are second to none.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sew Pink in purple is beautiful! Such a nice job of finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous finish, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't think you could have come up with any prettier way to finish this! So lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I adore these colurs and the ribbon trim!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow Andrea, I really love the way you have trimmed the ribbon, what a lovely idea, I think
    I may have a go at that on my next pinkeep!

    Lynn B

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely gorgeous finish! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the contrasting colours. Another beautifully stitched & finished piece Andrea. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.