4 December 2010

An Open Heart by The Drawn Thread (Picture Heavy)

I am pleased to announce that I have finished An Open Heart. And I am pleased. I did struggle with this one at times but I can't really put my finger on why. I love the colours, the delicacy of it, the stitches, I just had a bit of a battle in the middle of things for a while. As I bought this as a chart only off eBay I substituted the SJ Designs beads for MH ones. On the chart there are 2 sizes so I used Glass Seed beads for the large and Petite for the smaller ones.









An Open Heart by The Drawn Thread.
34ct Cafe Au Lait Legacy Linen.
NPI Silks.
Substituted cream (#00123 Glass Seed Beads & #40123 Petite Seed Beads) MH beads for SJ Designs beads.
Started 16/5/10. Finished 4/12/10.




49 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finish . I would not have the patience to stitch that .

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Andrea. That is simply divine. I love how delicate it looks. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, it is magnificent, Andrea! Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Andrea that is one fantastic finish...I am loving the colours so subtle and delicate...perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is truly a masterpiece Andrea. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning finish! I love the delicate look of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning beauty and your stitching is perfection! I just love all the detail and texture that The Drawn Thread designs have. So much to look at...it could take hours! Reminds me of why I fell in love with DT designs in the first place. You've inspired me to start one in 2011. Speaking of, have you seen her new monthly designs? IMHO, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning Andrea. You have done a magnificent job on such a delicate piece. Congrats on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Your stitches look absolutely perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful! It's so dainty - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Andrea, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your finish, Andrea - it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one gorgeous piece, Andrea--you should be very, very proud of your beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful! I've loved watching your progress on this piece, and it's wonderful to see it finished. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whatta gorgeous (and huge) finish! Congrats, Andrea!

    Still cheerfully awaiting your ornament to complete its journey and arrive--I put the tree up the other day and am looking forward to it joining my other stitched ornaments--yours will tip the balance so that I have more other people have stitched (3) than I have myself on my own tree! I'd better get stitching on that PS Fox ornie! Finished the NPI conversion the other day, so I can get going any time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been keeping up with your progress on this one and I have to say I'm so impressed with it! Congrats on your finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply beautiful. So delicate. I love the look of the white inner (tri-angle) border. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful! The colors are stunning and very delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Andrea....that is absolutely beautiful! I can see why you loved this piece. Very nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on a stunning finish!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful use of the beads in your stiching!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's an incredibly gorgeous finish Andrea!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is just so beautiful Andrea. You must be so proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations, its so so sooooo lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a beautiful finish! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a real beauty. Congratulations on finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A simply stunning finish Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fantastic! Such a beautiful sweet heart sampler!

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations, it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful work! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Andrea, what lovely and precise stitching! I'd be happy to send you some of my pearls to try on your next project-- just let me know if you'd prefer white, ivory or creme.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Andrea
    This is really stunning, so delicate and with such a beautiful sentiment. You must be thrilled to see it finished.
    Warm wishes Angela

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a gorgeous finish Andrea, all the hard work you put in is worth it. I just love Drawn Thread designs.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful finish Andrea!! It turned out just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This piece is just stunning, what gorgeous stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really love this design and now have all the threads waiting to start it but must finish off a few other WIP first. You have done a great job on this one - like always.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Glad I ran across your blog. Love your pieces!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Peggy H.
    www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.