31 January 2011

The North Wind Doth Blow

The North wind doth blow and we shall have snow,
And what will poor robin do
then, poor thing?
He'll sit in a barn and keep himself warm
and hide his
head under his wing, poor thing
.

The old rhyme keeps popping in to my head as I'm stitching. I've made a moderate start. I don't think it will take me too long to finish, well I hope not. It's a bit more relaxing at the moment to just cross stitch instead of all those speciality stitches, a very pleasant change. Don't you just love the border colour combination; CC Pea Pod and CC Caterpiller, they were made to go together!


The North Wind - Little House Needleworks.
32ct Smokey Grey Belfast Linen.
Recommended Crescent Colours and DMC threads.
As of 31/1/11.

17 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to start this project as soon as possible!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're expecting a blizzard tomorrow. What an appropriate project. Seeing yours makes me want to start on mine. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely start so far Andrea :) CC Peapod would have to be my favourite CC colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great already. Don't you just love LHNs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome start! The colors look great--also, a wonderful finish recently, too! I miss so much when I don't keep up with my blog reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMg....I love it! You are really tempting me to move it up the list! Can't wait to see more... happy stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the border colors but I really wish the north wind would blow somewhere else and take the snow with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea! I like your blog very much! I reading it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely start, I do like this one

    ReplyDelete
  10. simple and elegant,very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely start Andrea, can't wait to see this grow as I really want to start it myself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty start and I agree, those colors go really well together.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.