I had a wonderful stitching day on Saturday. It was cold and blustery outside and I was snug and warm inside stitching to my hearts content. I did hve a bit of a close shave though. Michele B had commented on an earlier post that she was short of thread on CC Pea Pod and most likely CC Caterpillar. Those were OK for me, CC Pea Pod I had 4 strands left and CC Caterpillar 12 strands. My problem was Toasted Marshmallow. I was getting to the last 4 strands and thought I would never complete it all with what I had left. I was lucky in that I had stitched all of the larger areas and was really only left with about 10 of the small snowflakes consisting of 4 stitches each. I'd gone back through my ort jar and there were just the knots, nothing left that I could use at all. So I had to sub DMC 3865 which was the closest and a very good match. I can't tell now which ones I've done with CC or DMC. But all well that ends well!
I can't tell where you made the substitutions. It's a beautiful finish!
ReplyDeleteCurious....what brand/kind of scroll rods do you use?
Beautiful work, love it!
ReplyDeleteLovely finish Andrea, congratulations.
ReplyDeleteAnd a beautiful finish it is!!! Love the sweet bird...and blue/grey fabric.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finish!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful finish! Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your wonderful stitching. :)
ReplyDeleteYour stitching is just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovely finish!
ReplyDeleteIt hardly seems a minute since you started this and it's finished already!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous design beautifully stitched.
Margaret
It is beautiful,I love...love...love it.Thanks for this beauty.....
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautful finish, Andrea! It looks so pretty; you did a great job matching threads!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. I love it.
ReplyDeleteGreat finish! I love it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finish Andrea!! I really love this design! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it Andrea-it turned out gorgeous!
ReplyDeletewow, an incredible needle work!
ReplyDeleteLovely
Manuela
I love it! Thanks for the thread tips! I'm going now to get out my start and work on it. :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful finish Andrea - I love it!
ReplyDeleteVery very nice this work!!
ReplyDeleteCompliments.
Nadia
Its a wonderful finish Andrea, well done :)
ReplyDeleteI love this one! Beautiful finish!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet finish, Andrea--it really makes me smile! Congratulations :)
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful Andrea! Congratulations :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteIt's gorgeous Andrea!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful! I just love seeing finishes. They're inspiring!
ReplyDeleteThis piece is GORGEOUS!! I have added this to my to purchase list!
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous finish. Your stitching is just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous - I love the pattern & the colors - You should be proud :)
ReplyDeleteIt is so pretty. I love the bird.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely finish! Love the cabin. Running out of threads is never a good thing. Glad you managed to improvise :)
ReplyDeleteLovely finish! the colors go perfect with the fabric it looks truly beuatiful
ReplyDeleteçok güzele olmuş,çok çok güzel.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteamazing work:)
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a gorgeous finish Andrea!
ReplyDeleteGreat work! Congratulation, Andrea!
ReplyDeleteIt's a very cute finish!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYour finish is just beautiful !!! I love it..
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your finish, Andrea - it's beautiful!
ReplyDelete"North Wind" is truly beautiful. Love the gorgeous colours and shading. Defintely a perfect piece to be stitching this winter with all of the snow....
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteBellissimo!!!!
ReplyDeleteNicole
Gorgeous finish!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finish!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finish! Love the robin!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finish Andrea!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, adorable finish - my congratulations!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes,
Tatyana
It's really lovely Andrea! I just finished mine as well but I haven't had the time to post a pic yet. Have you decided on a new start?
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous finish Andrea, I love it!
ReplyDeleteI will be stitching mine on 36/40ct when I get around to it, but will be sure to keep in mind the floss usage issues.
Beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm a little late to notice your lovely finish - it looks wonderful! I'm glad you had enough Pea Pod - I did run out of it and it stalled my progress. You can't tell that you used two different flosses for the snow. I'm using CC Belle Soie Icing for it, and am holding my breath that I make it.
ReplyDelete