26 March 2011

More Souvenir Sampler

I'm back with an update of Souvenir Sampler. I've nearly completed all of the charted design. Just need to find some beads to go in a few spaces along the triagular line of stitches and along the elongated tail of the 'y'.

Right I suppose I'd better go and catch up on blog reading. I've been rather lax I'm afraid. I've been watching a programme here in the UK on BBC2 called Royal Upstairs Downstais about Queen Victorias visits to stately homes around the UK. I find it fascinating and with it being on at 6:30pm cuts in to my computer time. :)




Souvenir Sampler - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Flax Belfast Linen.
NPI Silks.
Started 20/02/11.
WIP as of 25/03/11.

24 comments:

  1. This sampler is gorgeous! You're making wonderful progress on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful progress! The Drawn Thread designs are some of the most interesting designs to stitch because of the variety of stitches. It's been awhile since I stitched one..think I'll dip into my DT stash and see what I find. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just beautiful Andrea. I love all the different stitches and your work is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea,

    After stitching all these Drawn Thread
    designs with their many specialty stitches
    you must be quite proficient at stitching
    them all. It's what makes these projects
    so much fun to look at as you try to see
    not only the "Big" picture (the overall
    design) but also the many little details.
    I also love how there are so many colors
    used which is fun and avoids boredom with
    large blocks of never ending ... whatever
    color.

    The designer sure did leave lots of empty
    space for you to add your own detail to.
    Does the chart come with suggestions and
    guidance for this part or do you just wing
    it on your own??

    Ah British TV. If we got half the fascinating
    serials, programs and historical stuff that
    you are lucky enough to get I'd probably start
    watching TV again. That program on Queen
    Victoria's stately visits sounds really good.
    No wonder you're hooked. Enjoy!

    Are you getting Spring yet?? We're still
    struggling with a Winter season that refuses
    to relinquish it's hold and let Spring in.
    My poor crocuses and budding Daffodils have
    been smoushed by a heavy fall of snow and
    may not recover. Sigh!

    Have a great weekend! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really enjoying seeing your progress on this -it's beautiful! QV is a person I'd really like to have met!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful, Andrea! I can't wait to see how you personalize it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sampler is so pretty.
    It's not hard to get behind in blog reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching is just beautiful. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrea,I just found your blog today and clicked on to follow you. You do absolutely beautiful work and I know I'll enjoy going back through your older posts.
    I am a stitcher too, but just now learning to make a quilt, so I hope you'll come over and visit me sometime.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one! The only reason I haven't done it is that there is some weird thing in the upper right corner that I am not sure I like. Is it an F? It looks like a big fish or something. If I knew what it was maybe I could then purchase and stitch this pattern. LOL
    Peggy H.
    www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, your stitching and photo presentation are always gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea you pick the most stunning pieces. This is absolutely gorgeous. And beautifully stitched too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really very pretty Andrea! Your stitching is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking Lovely!!! So pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sampler is coming along beautifully Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! I nearly wrote 'Sew' beautiful there - I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely piece, Andrea--your stitching is impeccable :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sampler is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your stitching is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just beautiful, I aspire to be able to stitch like you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful progress Andrea!! I love this sampler!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's looking gorgeous, great progress

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty!!!! I love it :-).

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.