Don't know why but I felt like grabbing this one to stitch. It's Winter Band Sampler by Little House Needleworks. Totally out of step with the seasons, but hey I'm free-styling at the moment. I have changed the fabric from 28ct to a 36ct linen, but the only one I had was flax which I thought a bit light with all of the whiteness going on. So I coffee-dyed it a little to add a bit more colour to it. There's not a massive amount of difference but just enough to show more of the white stitching.
Winter Band Sampler - Little House Needleworks.
36ct Coffee-Dyed Flax Edinburgh Linen.
DMC as recommended (1 over 2).
Great new start. I have this in my "to do" pile.
ReplyDeleteThis is a fun and very quick stitch. I can't wait to see how you choose to finish it off. I did mine as a front fold with a garland running around the exterior and a few holly berries.
ReplyDeleteBe always in stitches.
Be always in stitches.
Hello Andrea! This is my first time to visit your blog. I too love to stitch out of season so when I saw your link on another blog, I had to check it out. This is lovely. I find summer like weather makes me think Christmas...you too?
ReplyDeleteHugs from Holland ~
Heidi
Very nice!!!! Can't wait to see it finished.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! The coffee dye made that fabric just the perfect shade!
ReplyDeleteGreat new start Andrea!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful start Andrea! I am christmas stitching right now too. It's best to stitch what you feel like even if it's out of season. You'll be ready come Christmastime!
ReplyDeleteGlad you found your mojo Andrea! It's looking great and it doesn't matter the season - as long as it makes you happy! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty. I love this one.
ReplyDeleteLooking great Andrea. The linen color is perfect.
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteOh, I have this one in my stash and I hope to
stitch it up next Fall because it's so pretty.
Love the colors in the alphabet, and the snow
flakes are wonderful. Did you know that there
will be an Autumn Band Sampler soon and next
year Spring and Summer will be released by LHN.
Knowing how much you love seasonal designs I'm
sure you'll be pleased to have three more of
these to stitch and hang together.
I didn't get to watch the Royal wedding as it
happened because it was a work day here and
the timing was all wrong. DH and I listened
to it on the radio while eating breakfast and
driving to work. I was so eager to see what
Kate's dress looked like but had to wait until
Friday night to finally see it. I watched the
wedding on the internet as posted by a local
TV station whilst stitching on a new project.
I loved Kate's dress and thought that she
looked so lovely on her big day. William
looked quite handsome in his red uniform
and Harry looked dashing in his blue one.
Pippa's relatively plain gown looked fabulous
on her, although not many could pull that sort
of look off. Sometimes less really is more.
I'm hoping that I can do some reading on our
new garden bench and maybe even some stitching.
We just have to have some warmer, sunnier
weather which will last longer then just a few
days in a row. Soon. I hope.
Cheers!
This is such a beautiful sampler~~
ReplyDeleteI have winter band sampler going as well - It's a nice pattern isn't it
ReplyDeleteLove the color of the fabric, that looks great. Those little cardinals are too cute!!
ReplyDeleteJust delightful, Andrea! I'm working on a band sampler myself and am really enjoying all the specialty stitches... Can't wait to see yours all finished up :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the lovely sampler!
ReplyDeleteLovely finish! At least now you have plenty of time to get it framed or finished before the holidays :)
ReplyDeleteLovely new start Andrea. Like Lesleyanne I have this in my stash and we're going to do a SAL later in the year:)
ReplyDeleteIt's looking lovely, great progress
ReplyDeleteDoesn't matter if it's out of season or not. When I get the urge to stitch something I go with it!
ReplyDeleteIt's a very pretty sampler. I love those red cardinals!