3 January 2012

Woodland Renovation

I've been sorting through a few boxes and cupboards and I found this piece lurking. I was never happy with it really when I finished it then, being undecided if it was an Autumn or Winter piece. Well I've now decided that it should be Winter, so I disassembled it and added the red pins and ribbon. Now I think I'll display it more.

Woodland Sampling - Little House Needleworks.
32ct Flax Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC.
Re-invented as a pinkeep.
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. Really nice design and I love the way you have displayed it.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty re-invented pincushion. It makes a great diplay, love the red ribbon
    Happy stitching and finishing 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new way that you finished the piece. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just lovely! I think it looks great this way. The red pins just make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Andrea, That little red bird just pops now~~ Good choices...

    Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one successful renovation for sure. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet re-invention! I agree. It does look more like a wintery design.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always felt it was a winter piece, too, although I keep it displayed all year round. Love your finish; it works well as a pinkeep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks gorgeous - I would definitely class it as a winter piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning work. Have a nice day
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely finish , well done .X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the changes you made. That pop of red really works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a pretty piece Andrea and is the perfect winter stitch! Love your finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. and such a beautiful pinkeep it is. Gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the adjustments you made to your finish, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yeah, that is the perfect finish for Woodland...very lovely, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Autumn or Winter it's lovely as either!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd say you made the right decision on making it a winter piece, Andrea--it looks wonderful :) Love how the pins mimic the holly berries!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great needlepoint work! Nice looking blog with lots of fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely finishing (again!) I love that design (it's languishing in my stash for a better day).

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks so pretty Andrea. I think your finish is perfect for this piece.

    Where do you buy all your trims and ribbons?

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks wonderful - love the beading. Just foun your blog so I'm a new follower. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your work is always so beautiful, Just love the LHN so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Definitely a winter piece. I love the makeover as the red gingham ribbon makes it look more festive.
    I'm loving the basket of pinkeeps in the background too :)
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.