7 April 2012

Snowflakes


Snowflakes in April. Not too far off the truth weather-wise here in the UK. We have gone back to winter now that we've had our 4 days of summer in spring. Talk about 4 seasons in 1 day! Anyway back to the stitching. Snowflakes was the theme for this month over at the Christmas Ornaments All Year Round SAL. I can't tell you how much I love this ornament. I was so lucky in that I had enough of the thread left and to find beads that matched in my stash was an absolute bonus. Needless to say I shall be keeping this one for myself.

 


Fresh Fallen Snow - Little House Needleworks.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2011.
32ct Light Mocha Belfast Linen.
Threads Used: GAST Oatmeal, GAST Dried Thyme.
Beads: Mill Hill #02098 Pine Green.
Posted by Picasa

31 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea its beautiful. Yes we had snow earlier this week in Staffordshire but thanksfully it didn't last too long x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo that's beautiful!
    Can't say i blame you wanting to keep this beauty for yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching. Beautiful finishing. Have a Blessed Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty ornament & I really like how you finished it! Your stitching looks flawless : ) And lucky you ... winter has returned! I love winter : ) I wish you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine sehr schöne Stickerei.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty - a beautiful finish!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty finish, I love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a beautiful, beautiful finish Andrea!! The simple bead edging you chose is perfect for the design--I can see why you would have a hard time parting with this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Andrea! The bead edge add the perfect touch! Don't blame you one little bit for keeping it for yourself! I would.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a gorgeous ornament and beautifully finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, that is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you finished it off with the beads. All in all, very elegant!

    I like that basket of 'balls' of all textures and sizes - very cool!

    The weather here has been cold and spring is very late for us. It's just wacky. Luckily the snow has just been up in the mountains!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous ornament. I am not surprised you are going to keep it for yourself. Love the beaded edge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so beautiful, no wonder you are keeping it for yourself.
    I do like the Little House Needlework designs, not widely available here but I've managed to get a couple and thoroughly enjoyed doing them.
    Happy Easter.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way this turned out, and lvoe your choice of green! So very pretty!!!Congrats on a beautiful finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! I would keep it too! I often have separation anxiety if I give something like this away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. I love the colors in this one - muted and soft. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous ~ especially the color of the thread and the beads! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been reading your blog for quite a while and just became a follower. Your ornament is really cute and awesome job on the finishing. I am finish challenged. lol

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's just perfect! I would be keeping this one too :) You've just given me some inspiration for a future ornament month!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great stitching , your work is always so beautiful.
    Blessing for Easter, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your ornament is gorgeous Andrea.
    As always your stitching and finishing are just perfect.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! Love the beaded finish!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  23. Andrea, I LOVE this ornament and the fiber colors you chose for it. The beading around it is so beautiful. I definitely will be going back and doing this ornament this year! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Andrea I love the way you have interpreted this design. It wasn't one of my favourites until now. You have a wonderfully inspiring touch to your stitching.
    Warm wishes Angela

    ReplyDelete
  25. This turned out beautifully !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful ornament pillow!
    I'm planning to stitch this design too :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely Stitching and finish. If I were you I would keep it also.
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.