19 November 2012

Christmas Eve in November

It has taken me 2 years to get around to stitching this Sampler Girl design as it's copyrighted 2010. I wanted something quick this month for the Christmas Ornaments All Year Round SAL as I'm making my Christmas cards. They're small, they're all the same, they're simple in their design, so how come it takes me so blooming long! Never mind it's the pleasure in making them that is the satisfying thing. Anyway back to Novembers ornament. I've used up some more of my Raw linen, it was on the top of the pile still but it seemed to work well with the colours I chose. I'm not one for choosing my own colours, but with it being just the 3 I thought I would be OK. Free choice next month, what can I find for that one. :)

 
 
 
Christmas Eve Flight - The Sampler Girl.
32ct Raw Belfast Linen.
Threads:
Red = GAST Mulberry.
Brown = GAST Maple Syrup.
Blue = GAST Morning Glory.

Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. It took me almost as long as you to get around to this one! I stitched it in June while on a trip.
    I did the 3 stars in 3 different reds. On to the next one...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color choices! Another wonderful ornament :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colors look great Andrea. Sweet little ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous finish. I still haven't stitched it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely. I stitched this up last year into a cushion which I pop onto the hearth every Christmas Eve x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ornament Andrea and you picked great colors.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ornie, love it!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Is the SAL going to be happening next year, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully stitched and finished. It really isn't long until Christmas now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhh I love how this one has turned out too ... think I have this one in my freebies lurking somewhere ..lol
    good luck with the others :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finish I love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, Andrea--I've always intended on stitching this one, too--maybe next year.

    Good luck with all those handmade cards--you'll have to share one with us when you're all finished up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blog!!!! I love this ornament!
    Ezia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I am new to your site and love your stitching hun...love the ornament...

    Hugs, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  15. A perfect colour choice and, as always, beautifully stitched and finished. And if you are looking for a 'free' choice to stitch for December there is a new Christmas freebie on my blog - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful finish, Andrea - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is absolutely beautiful Andrea. You've reminded me how much I want to stitch this.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.