How could I not indulge in one of
Carol Rs wonderful chart freebies.
It is supposed to be stitched on olive green belfast linen but appears washed out on the photos although there is a little hint of green there. :) When I saw
Carol Ss had used olive green I knew I had to pull it out of my stash and actually use it and not just look at it and wonder what on earth I could use it for. I'm always a bit reluctant to use colour prefering to stitch on neutrals, whites and creams. Anyway I had thought of a pillow finish as I hadn't done one in ages and originally it was going to be another finishing fabric choice. But that changed when I saw this fabric in the bottom of the box and I knew I had some green pleated ribbon, so it set it off a treat, along with the jinglies.
2012 Christmas Freebie - iStitch Designs.
32ct Olive Green Belfast Linen.
Crescent Colours- Weeping Willow.
Gentle Arts Sampler Threads - Mulberry.
Finished as a small pillow.

Very, very nice Angela. Different and great.
ReplyDeleteHow very pretty and beautifully finished!
ReplyDeleteLovely pillow finish!! Ilove the ribbon and the jingle bells add just the finishing touch. Delightful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet finish! I love it.
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous as always Andrea :)
ReplyDeleteOh wow I adore your finish Andrea. It is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteStunning finish! I love the little details you added!!
ReplyDeleteA stunning finish.
ReplyDeleteohhh that is gorgeous :) lovely finishing as well :) love mouse xxxx
ReplyDeletelovely
ReplyDeleteI like the fabrics you choose!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, love the finishing! I have yet to do the finishing for mine ha ha!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Beautiful finish... love the green ribbon detail with the bells. Suits it perfectly.
ReplyDeletehappy stitching...
Just perfect!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful finish. I love the pleated ribbon.
ReplyDeleteYour stitching is simply lovely and your finishing is perfect!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so pretty, well done.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful finish Andrea! The trims are perfect!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, you have made a wonderful job, hugs.
ReplyDeleteThat looks great! I also stitched that design & then I made it into a simple pillow ornament & I'm having a hard time finding something to put along the edges. I wish I had done it your way instead.
ReplyDeleteWonderful ornament, so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tatyana
Lovely finish :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ~ love it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitch and finish Andrea! May I steal a picture for my blog?
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute design. I love the way you finished it.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Wow that looks awesome and so beautifully finished!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous ornie Andrea!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteVery, very pretty Andrea. I love the pleated ribbon detail.
ReplyDeleteYour ornaments are always so stylish.
Just beautiful.
Margaret
Beautiful !! I love how you finish it !
ReplyDeleteGorgeous ornament, congratulations
ReplyDeleteWow! Andrea, your Christmas ornaments are gorgeous and beautifully finished.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting me and taking time to leave me your comment.
The pleated ribbon is a wonderful addition to this ornament. It really completes it!
ReplyDeleteLove the way you arrange your blog posts. With the designs origin, fabric and threads used for the work. Very nice to read!
ReplyDelete