*** *** *** *** ***
I have something different to ornaments at last but it's not moving away from Christmas. In fact I can say that it will be Christmas all the year round as I'm stitching Santas Village by Country Cottage Needleworks. It did take me a while to decide how I wanted to stitch this. In the end I decided I would probably end up framing it so wanted it as small as possible so went with 40ct fabric. it didn't bother me about the buttons as I probably wouldn't of bought them, preferring to stitch as charted. The first rows of the white and red border were terrible. I'd put it on a frame and I just wasn't comfortable sitting stitching it, so off it came and I've put it on my smaller hnad-held frame. I'm so much happier and whizzing along - which is still slow in my terms! There is a fab Stitching Santas Village SAL that Vonna has set up if you want to see how other stitchers are progressing.
HAPPY NEW YEAR. Andrea
ReplyDeleteSantas House looks just beautiful your stitching is so neat and your work is so inspiring.hugs.
Happy New Year. Great new start. Look forward to seeing your progress.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you didn't delete your blog Andrea as aI would really miss it! I know how you feel though as I have been through that shall I shan't I give up blogging, think I would miss it though.
ReplyDeleteYour Santa's House is looking good, especially on the 40ct, I just can't work on that count, it's far too small for my eyes. I'm stitching it too - who isn't? I'm doing each house individually and will make them up into ornamental pillows.
Oh Andrea. I am so lovin Santas Village and your start on Santas House. I just received the second part and it will be one of my crazy Jan starts.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year
Linda
Happpppyyyy stitchy new year :) well done on your new start too ... I decided against doing this one as still doing the cottages whoops ..lol
ReplyDeletelove mouse xxxxx
I'm so glad you didn't delete your blog Andrea!
ReplyDeleteLovely new start on Santa's Village.
I shall enjoy watching this progress through the year.
Happy New Year!
Margaret
I'm looking forward to following your stitching of the village. I'm glad you're back to blogging and plan to stick around. I've learned so much from you.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! Love this project, I'll be adding it into my rotation in the Summer :)
ReplyDeleteHow cute, Andrea--I really look forward to following along on your SAL this year!! I love your posts so I'm thrilled that you hope to blog more in 2013 :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you!
Happy New Year Andrea. Have fun stitching Santa's House, such a cute design. I've finished this part and now waiting for part two to arrive from the US :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! I just love the colors in these and yours will be fabulous I know.
ReplyDeleteHappy 2013 Andrea, hope it's good to you....love your new start, I have decided to do the LHN Sheep Virtues SAL this year...trying to focus on my a certain set rather than flitting and getting nothing achieved!
ReplyDeleteLovely start!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful start, I love it on 40 count!
Hugs,
Cute! I just ordered this one myself. I hadn't realized it was charted without the button. I also didn't realize there was a SAL. It's too bad Vonna's blog is already full. :(
ReplyDeletePerfectly wonderful, as always! :) I have mine all set to go on 40 ct. Vintage Country Mocha...and I'm doing something a bit different with mine too ;)
ReplyDeleteIt looks great! I plan on stitching Christmas throughout the year as well : )
ReplyDeleteLovely start - here"s to a happy stitching year.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year-
ReplyDeleteThat's going to be a darling village!
Happy New Year Andrea.
ReplyDeleteLove your start on Santa's House.
Happy New Year. Your Santa's Village start looks great!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful start on Santa's Village.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and your family!
Happy new year Andrea, your Santa's village is looking lovely.
ReplyDeleteGreat start on Santas Village. I look forward to seeing your progress this year. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI'm really going to enjoy watching this series progress. You've made a great start and I'm looking forward to more. I'm so glad your mojo is back!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty, Andrea. Your stitching is just beautiful!
ReplyDelete