At last I have something different. I got my skates on, pulled out the fabric and prepared it for this piece, The Butterfly Garden by The Drawn Thread. I decided to go with 36ct and Summer Khaki, I wanted something that would show off the white house and picket fence.... and it's different to raw linen, of which I seem to be using an increasing amount! I started with all good intention, but hit a problem. I like my frame rollers to be top and bottom, but unfortunately this piece is long and narrow so I hadn't any long enough rollers. So it had to go the other way and my stand has to be directly in front of me instead of to the side. I'll get used to it by the time I'm finished! It's lovely to get back to stitching speciality stitches again.
I can pick this up as and when, especially when each flower is a section of the whole design, not so daunting.
The Butterfly Garden - The Drawn Thread.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Recommended hand-dyed silks and threads.
Still no Santas Village. :( ..... but there is a Sheep Virtue! No quite sure if I will start those just yet, need to have a think what fabric, finishing etc, etc.......
WOW! That's a lovely flower! I love how the colours in the petals almost merge together. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers!!!!
ReplyDeleteButterfly Garden is so pretty. I love Drawn Thread. I might have to look up this leaflet the next time I am at the LNS.
ReplyDeleteOh, that is very, very nice!
ReplyDeleteI've always admired that design, Andrea, but have never seen it stitched up... Will really look forward to following along with you!
ReplyDeleteIt is a beautiful piece. I believe that my friend, Nataly did the model.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is... how beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely start, Drawn Thread is one of my favourite designers
ReplyDeleteThat's ever so pretty - can't wait to see more of it :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat new start Andrea. Really pretty flower.
ReplyDeleteLinda
A beautiful start.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching on your Butterfly Garden. I had the privilege of stitching this model for Cynthia and REALLY enjoyed watching the garden grow. Happy Stitching!!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I really love this design so will look forward to following your progress.
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be a real beauty! I love it already.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers! I love Drawn Thread's designs--and they have such nice diagrams for the stitches, too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful flower !!
ReplyDeleteThat looks so pretty. Have this in my stash to make for my mom. Love yours!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful effects with the silk threads.
ReplyDeleteAdorable process, good luck!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tatyana
Oh I love Drawn Thread designs, always so pretty and so interesting to stitch. I am not sure if I have that design hidden away in my stash but Im not going to look or I will want a new start and I do need to get some of the UFOs done first.
ReplyDelete