2 March 2013

Snow Happy

This is the last of the Christmas RAK ornaments for a while. I'm going to try and slot one in now and again throughout the year so that there is no mad rush at the end. I did have a bit of an issue with this one. The symbol for the nose and chimney was charted as DMC 372, well that is no way a snowmans nose colour. It looks a dark orange colour in the magazine photo so I changed to WDW Carrot instead. Mmm.

 
 
 


Snow Happy - Glory Bee.
32ct Smokey Pearl Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC with exception of DMC 372.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2011.
Finished as a beaded ornament.
Posted by Picasa

34 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. Perfect nose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute. All ready for this year.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's very beautiful!!

    lolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute. I love how you did the beaded edging. I think I might just have to "steal" that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beaded edges are just the best, Andrea--another adorable Christmas ornament!! Good call on the nose color, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute, Andrea! I just love the crispness of your finished ornaments. They are beautiful!!

    Tricia

    The Stamper's Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I would say that was definitely a good change, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute ornament! Love his nose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find WDW Carrot to be the best snowman nose color. I always use it! Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a cute ornament! Sometimes ornaments in the JCS Christmas annuals look kind of blah. But when you seen them done up they are so much better! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very cute ornament! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute!! as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in LOVE w/this one! Gorgeous finish and adorable design!
    I have always loved Glory Bee's designs. They are too cute. Great job!!


    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable ornament. The nose looks. Another great finish.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow , that beaded edge looks amazing .x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute Snowman, and beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's adorable and I love your beaded finish. You're so smart to get ahead of the game with these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute as can be! Your finishing is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  19. very cute Andrea - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow beautiful finish! How do you get the stuffing so smooth? Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty ornie! Great job Andrea! I like the sub of Carrot for the nose and chimney. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. He now has a very fine nose! It's an adorable ornament and I always love your beaded edges.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute ornament, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's lovely Andrea, especially against that pretty blue fabric. The beaded finish makes it look as if it's edged with snow crystals.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooo Andrea I love this little chap, the way you have used different sized beads is a great idea, may copy that! lol

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.