26 April 2013

Decorating Time

 
I finished this piece a while ago but have just got around to finishing it in to something this past weekend.
 
Although the photos were taken outside in proper daylight the red is more of a burgundy that a real out and out Christmas Red, in fact DMC 815. I tried to use what I had so the bow, piping and hanger are not exactly the same colour green. The design has different colours of green so I think I can get away with it OK.

 I'm quite taken with these designs from Full Circle Designs. I think I've stitched most of them from the JCS Ornament issues, although have given them all away. They are always such fun designs to stitch and do have quite a bit of details and colour changes.
 
As always made with love and stitching hugs.

 
The Decorator - Full Circle Designs.
32ct Smokey Pearl Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2007.
Finished as an ornament for my Christmas RAK 2013.

Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful finish! I hope you're keeping this cute guy for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Angela. I have been watching your Santa's Village (as well as some other stitchers) and I finally have caved in and bought the first 5 patterns. I tried not to get sucked in but couldn't help myself LOL. I love your idea of doing it on 40-ct too. I'm getting my order together tonite for the threads and then will decide on a fabric when I ger them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute design and beautiful finishing - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish, gotta love this cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little guy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so cute, and what great finishing - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching and finishing! Love that green ribbon!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that turned out so cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! As always, superb finishing. Still praying for you.♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful design! And wonderful stitching & finishing, as always : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful finish by you! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Beautiful finishing as always, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely finish! He is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little snowman finish is adorable, Andrea--so beautifully stitching and finished (as always!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute finish! I really like the Full Circle designs too. I will have to find them in the JCS issues and stitch for myself. Such whimsey!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.