12 June 2013

The White House and Picket Fence

Hello fellow bloggers,

Well I have accomplished a little bit more. The house was purely cross stitch so I was flying along with that section. I have left the space underneath the house for my initials and date. I always have this problem as invariably the designer will have 3 initials where as I only have 2, so I'll have to re-chart it when all the stitching is done. I suppose it's better that way than having to try to get 3 initials into a space for 2, it would look rather squashed.



So as you can see I have moved along on my frame. I have a bit of wadding that I roll with my fabric if I have stitching already on it. I think it just cushions the stitches and hopefully doesn't flatten them too much whilst the rest of the piece is being completed. 


The Butterfly Garden - The Drawn Thread.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Recommended hand-dyed silks and threads. 
Posted by Picasa

32 comments:

  1. Oh so lovely! Very, very good idea with the wadding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning stitchery! You must be thrilled with how it is looking

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking really lovely Andrea! Initials are always a problem to me too, especially with Blackbird Designs, as like yourself I only have two, and they always chart for three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing this on your blog has inspired me to have a go even though it's not my usual type of stitching. I just love the way it looks and your fabric choice really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very pretty house! The more I see of this design, the more I wish I was stitching it too. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful piece, Andrea! Your stitching is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Andrea!
    Your stitching is gorgeous! You've done great work on it.
    Your blog looks really nice. I will follow you now and have a look on your other posts, too.
    Greetings,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress. What a pretty design.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way the house and fence are progressing, gorgeous stitching.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time you show it it is more beautiful than the last time. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful piece, Andrea--thanks for the tip on the wadding, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks fabulous already, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Andrea! I love seeing this design come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely design. I have the same problem with initials. If I use just two, they are BS! So I always like to put in the P so it is BPS, much better but not always enough room!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty piece. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog is very nice.
    I'm your new follower.
    The Butterfly Garden looks fantastic.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's looking gorgeous, great progress

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a very pretty design and your stitching is so neat.
    I always wondered if I could use the q-snaps for a larger project, and if it would damage the already stitched portion. The wadding sounds good. Will try it out in my next project, which is bigger that the snaps

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks gorgeous - almost enough so that I'll pick up the needle and thread again...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh so pretty! I love the colours in the house, especially the red door!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful stitching!!!
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhh, what a beautiful project this is. The more you stitch on it the more I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a pretty design Andrea. You are making lots of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! DT looking fabulous.
    We shared the same problem too with two initials.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Andrea - haven't checked in for quite awhile. Love this piece you're working on. Haven't seen it before and it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.