19 August 2013

Candy Cane Cottage

Although I haven't posted for a couple of weeks, my needle has been busy. Alas I can't show you as yet. There are 3 Christmas ornaments on the finishing pile. One is definitely a gift, one is definitely mine but the third one ... I just don't know. Next weekend I might try and do a little finishing, then it might become a bit clearer.

So onto Santas Village. Number 8 is finished. I am about to start the third and final row and number 9 - Santa's Sleighworks. I had 2 charts arrive together so I can carry on and get closer to that finish line. I think I will be able to also start and fill in the french knots that are missing as my stitching frame will not touch that first row. I'm sure Santa and Mrs Claus will be pleased.

 Santas Village - Part Eight - Candy Cane Cottage.
Country Cottage Needleworks.

40ct Raw Newcastle Linen. 
Stitching 1 over 2.
Using recommended threads.  

22 comments:

  1. Your village looks so cheery and bright - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am really impressed with how the village is looking! You are doing a great job : ) I am hoping to get Christmas ornaments in line as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, really love your Santa's village!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa's Village is looking awesome. Love the colours - very bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sehr schön deine Cottages, ich sticke auch verschiedene Motive aus dieser Serie, hänge sie aber als einzelne Bilder auf. Das erste kannst du schon auf meinem Blog sehen.
    Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea,

    Santa's Village looks beautiful, you are certainly quick at stitching these! I also received two patterns together but I am only half way through this one but I am hoping get up to date soon.

    Lynn B

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a wonderful series. I am following for your process with great interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's coming along nicely.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great progress on Santa's Village!
    I am looking forward to seeing the ornies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the more I see of this series the more they tempt me-get thee behind me Andrea!! Your stitching is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing a wonderful job, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours is looking very good. Isn't it so fun to stitch?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Santa's village is looking lovely, great progress

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your village, your work is always beautiful, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Your Santa's Village is looking like Christmas in Fairyland. It is so full of Christmas promises: stockings, reindeer, presents, sugar plums candy canes and lots of magical Christmas surprises!

    Looking forward to seeing your finished ornaments :-)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Santa's village is coming along beautifully! So happy and cheery! Mrs. Claus would approve :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your village looks absolutely gorgeous. Look forward to seeing your ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these 2 streets of Santa's Village are adorable!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.