15 December 2013

Back From The Framers

Hello friends, fellow bloggers and new followers.

I have noticed quite a few of you over the last couple of weeks, well Bloglovin has told me, but welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay and a little inspiration from time to time.

You will have to forgive me in the next few weeks as I have had a new laptop ... with Windows 8 ... it's a nightmare. I'm also thinking of upgrading my broadband. So anything could happen. I will master it, it's just getting used to something different and at my age ... well ... I do have my faithful sidekick, "Windows 8 in Simple Steps", oh and my cousin too, he's always useful. :)

So as I said yesterday I went to the framers to collect my stitching projects. I always ask him if he requires a deposit. His answer is always the same "my deposit is those pieces, you're not going to put all of that work in to them and leave them". Which of course is true.

Some of them are a little bit dark but it's cold and wet here today, so daylight is not the best. I've taken a photo of the whole piece and then just a fraction of the frame. all photos I think are clickable.
My framer suggested just one mount for this so I went along with it, I do with most of his suggestions to be fair. I've never had just one mount so I was a bit apprehensive but I love it, I love all of them!

The Butterfly Garden - The Drawn Thread.
 
-oOo-
 
Song of the Seasons next ... I was adamant I wanted the plum colour in one of the mounts, so we added the gold inner frame to lift it and it ties in well I think. The frame is like a brushed gold effect too.
Song of the Seasons - Little House Needleworks
 
-oOo-
 
Forest Snowfall ... this one I have no idea when I stitched it. I can't find it noted in any of my notebooks. I adore the mounts on this one, I am rather partial to browns, beiges, neutrals in general really. This frame is the same as Song of the Seasons but looks so different with the browns.

Forest Snowfall - Country Cottage Needleworks.

-oOo-
 
And so to the fourth and final one. This one was quite tricky and probably took us the longest to decide upon, do you pick up on the greens, the browns, the fabric colour? I think we had most of the mount examples out on the desk for this one!

The North Wind - Little House Needleworks.




50 comments:

  1. Such lovely pieces, Andrea! They must feel like early Christmas presents! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous frame choices perfectly compliment your gorgeous stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful, Andrea. You can be so proud of your talent!
    Each frame makes its piece stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all fabulous! So worth it to have the pieces professionally framed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Andrea they are all beautiful and framed so perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching and each piece is a work of art in its enhancing frame! Your framer is worth every penny you pay him!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how beautiful! How lovely! And perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhhhh they all look fabulous :)I think with North Wind you have chosen well too as they didn't have a mount with the original one stitched .... :) enjoy love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your framing compliments the cross-stitch beautifully. You have a talented framed. I have yet to find one who will do anything other than a rectangle or square.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all lovely. Merry Christmas Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want them all! Oh, wait, they probably aren't for sale, are they. So so lovely and just wonderful framing jobs on each and everyone...but remember it it all begins with some really superior stitching such as what you did. The Drawn Thread garden is almost beyond words...

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your pieces turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully framed, love them!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! All so very beautiful. I think you picked the perfect mat and frame for each. Lovely, lovely stitching and finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful frames.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Gorgeous finishing and framing. Isn't it exciting to have them hung up?
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Love the Butterfly garden ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pieces - you do amazing work. Have a very merry christmas and all the best in 2014.

    Elizabeth B

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! I wish I had your framer haha. I just picked up my first ever framed piece from the framers and it's not nearly as nice as yours! And it cost a fortune... but that's another matter entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH WOW! All are gorgeously done Andrea. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay, butterfly garden is spectacular!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All are simply gorgeous... I am jealous of your walls ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. can I ask the name of the chart used for the RAK you sent to Melissa at Words and Blooms. I'd like to stitch that one as I have a penchant for alphabets

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! you must stitch in your sleep!! simply gorgeous!!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your pieces all look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Congrats! Beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What wonderful frame and matting choices, Andrea! I love each and every one, although Butterfly Garden is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are beautiful, each and every one. If I HAD to choose one, it would be Song of the Season because I love that arch! Great job by you and your framer.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my Andrea!!!

    What can I say??? Your newly framed pieces are fantabulous!!! From the designs of the frames
    to the colour choices of the mats and all the other
    details that enhance the stitched designs these are
    amazing. Your framer is a master of his profession. You make a good team! Where on earth do you hang them all? You must have a special vault where you store your off season framed projects until their time of year comes 'round again.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such gorgeous framing! A definite feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Andrea, they all look so great. I do love them all! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, oh, oh, all these framed pieces are stunning. You were doing a great job choosing all these great mats and frames with your framer. Absolutely beautiful, all of them, but my favourite would be the DT piece.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think all of your framing choices are perfect for each design. I really love the Butterfly Garden and the North Wind designs. Where will you be hanging them?

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful work and beautiful framing

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous framing, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  36. amazing !!!
    such beautiful frames & framing for your wonderful stitchings !
    each one is very special and a delight for the eyes
    my heart goes to song of the season :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your stitching is always so beautifully done Andrea and now these pieces look even more so in the lovely frames you have chosen.
    Do I have a favourite? It would have to be Butterfly Garden. It is gorgeous.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful pieces and beautiful framing!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow Andrea they are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Stunning work, beautifully framed, the single mount on Butterfly Garden was a good move.

    ReplyDelete
  41. All your pieces turned out so wonderful.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  42. Seeing all your beautiful stitching framed and ready to display must give you so much pleasure. So often beautiful stitching is left in a drawer or box. Yours will not only make you happy but everyone else who sees it too.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.