26 December 2013

Racoon Cabin ~ Frosty Forest

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and that Father Christmas brought you what you wanted. My present from my parents was a wonderful window seat for my bedroom. This taken from the company website but I went to our local furniture shop in their pre-Christmas sale and paid a lot less. It always feels better when you get a bargain! I had been looking at it for ages and when I said I didn't know what I wanted for Christmas, Mum said 'well you've been looking at that stool for long enough'. So much so Mum has asked if I mind if she has one! I did get one stitchy present off my god-daughter, a felt appliqué needlebook. I have to stitch it myself but I've never done any appliqué work so ... we will see how that goes. Christmas Day was a guilt-free day of doing nothing but stitch.

So on to the start of Frosty Forest. Quite appropriate today as it was frosty overnight and I have woke up to fog this morning. Still this finish has brightened up the day. The first of nine part from Country House Needleworks. Sorry no eyes again, that will wait until all the parts are finished. I love the turquoise blues in this, along with the grey linen, it's feeling cold in the forest already. But I'm sure the addition of the animals in the forest will make for a warm glow by the end.

Racoon Cabin - Frosty Forest - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Pearl Grey Newcastle Linen.
Recommended threads.

 

27 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous seat! The fabric looks such a pretty colour and will go with anything almost if you redecorate. Lovely present to get from your mum!

    I am loving Frosty Forest too. I will resist, I will resist...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I have everything to start, I just need to do it! ;-) I like the window seat that you got. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely start Andrea! I haven't decided how I want to stitch this one on 40ct over 2 or 32 ct over 1. You finish has inspired me to start it tonight 32ct over 1 it is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish Andrea. Love the window seat such a pretty addition to a room.
    Enjoy your applique work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Can't wait to get started on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE! I love part 1 and 2 of this... I can't wait to see the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that seat looks comfy! Sweet stitches!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know your Christmas was wonderful. Beautiful stitching and adorable design.
    Hope you'll have a great start into the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute finish. As a kid my favourite stuffed animal was a raccoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Love your blog and enjoy seeing what you are working on. I've gotten bit by the x stitch bug again since mid November and have made quite a few Christmas items. During November, visited some lovely stores with an hours drive of my home and have stocked up for the winter. I should have a lovely amount of Christmas items to enjoy next season. Have a happy 2014 of stitching and blogging. I enjoy your blog!
    Cindy from norther Illinois, USA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitching , So happy you had a wonderful Christmas hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to read that you had a nice Christmas Day doing nothing but stitch. Sounds absolutely perfect to me. And oh you have started that new series by CCN. It looks adorable and I know that I will stitch this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely window seat. What a wonderful gift.
    Great start on this series. I love the colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your window seat is very pretty and it looks comfortable too. I too like the turquoise in the Frosty Friends series, I will enjoy seeing this one come to "life".

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty finish, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very nice. Don't you just love a bargain. Have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm stitching this series too! I couldn't resist. I'm just waiting on my fabric to arrive so I can start it.

    Love your window seat. It is very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great new start, it's lovely

    Glad to hear you had a good Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely finish. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am loving this series too. I loved stitching the raccoon and the turquoise color.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, such a pretty gift from your parents, Andrea! And your first part of Frosty Forest is adorable-love those colors on the Pearl Grey Newcastle :)

    Wishing you every happiness in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And...you are out of the gate and running fast! I still haven't gotten my blasted fabric! :(
    I love it, love it, love it :)
    And I love your window seat too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whay a beautiful window seat! I would love one of those!

    Your Frosty Forest is looking lovely. Looking forward to starting mine in the New Year.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a beautiful gift you got from your parents =)
    really great
    Frosty forest is so sweet, a great new project you started
    I saw it...as well as the calendar girls ...but still don't know if I'll start one or which one =)
    It's only 1st week of January and my to do list is already full =D
    enjoy
    can't wait to see next part
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Andrea,

    Lovely stitching on the new series of patterns, I love CCN and LHN they are so pretty!

    Happy New Year.

    Lynn B

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful way to wish a happy new year! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.