8 December 2013

Santas Village - A Year of Stitching

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

Of course every village must have a cafe and so I have stitched the final part of Santas Village - Hot Cocoa Cafe. I was a bit concerned when I was stitching this part that the difference between the house colour and the top of the coffee cup was not very clear. But on looking at it in proper day light there is a huge difference so I can rest easy. I had a pattern where all the snow was charted for stitching, so instead of going to the website to look for a correction, like any normal person would, I just guessed from the colour photo. I may be a stitch or two off but nobody is going to know .... now don't tell! You can find the correct chart here.
Santas Village - Part Twelve - Hot Cocoa Cafe.
Country Cottage Needleworks.
 
~oOo~

All done and dusted. This will be first on the list for framing next year sometime. But until then it has been ironed and carefully packed away.
Santas Village.
Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen.
Stitching 1 over 2.
Using recommended threads.
 
 
 

30 comments:

  1. Wow all your village looks so pretty well done . hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous Andrea! Good for you for sticking with it all year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! I can not wait to see it in frame. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My congratulations! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 12 months of darling houses and shops!! This is really something to be proud of, Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great finish. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea
    Just come across your blog and fallen in love with all your beautiful stitching creations!
    Your Santa Village is gorgeous, you must be so proud of it, the colours are lovely and I look forward to seeing it all framed up and hanging your wall.
    I have no choice but to be a stalker from now on!!!!
    Buttons & Stitches xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Es sieht so wunderschön aus. Ich habe auch einzelne Häuser aus dieser Serie gestickt und sie gerahmt. Danach über mein Keramikweihnachtsdorf gehängt. bilder auf meinem Blog.
    Ich wünsche noch eine schöne Adventszeit.
    LG Martina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, absolutely gorgeous. Lovely stitching. Love the colors in this. So wintery :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on this beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation.
    The Santas's Village is fantastic.
    My Village is finish, too. You can see it on my blog.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray! Looks fabulous. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful, Andrea!
    Congratulations on a job well done.
    It has been fun to watch your progress on this over the past months
    I'm looking forward to seeing it framed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! It's such a beautiful and sparkly piece! Makes me smile just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your spectacular finish, Andrea. What a perfect time to put in the last stitches. It's been such a treat watching your village emerge gradually onto your linen. It will give you years of enjoyment now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The whole village looks great! I have it in the plans for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Andrea. Your santa's village is stunning. Congrats on the great finish.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOOHOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS! Magnificent - your Santa's Village is stunning and I LOVE it:) Oh you must be so proud to have finished such a large project. I too have all the charts now and only had stitched the first 2 charts. One day I will complete it (or one year). I'm very happy for Andrea. Happy Holidays love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Congrats on a beautiful finish. I look forward to seeing it framed.

    Have a wonderful Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This came out beautifully! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sigh. I'm in love! Santas Village is just beautiful! Perhaps the nicest design series that Country Cottage Needleworks has ever come out with IMHO. There is so much detail in each part to look at. You've done an amazing stitching job with this one Andrea. Once it's framed you'll never want to pack it away during when the season is over.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a wonderful stitching you made =)
    this village is really beautiful
    I wish I had a wall to hang such a big piece :)
    As I haven't I'm only stitching some houses on separate pieces :)
    yours is really magnificent !!!
    very great job you did all year through :)
    stunning
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on a wonderful finish Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Big congratulations on an epic finish Andrea. I have loved watching this piece come to life.
    Beautiful!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on finishing such a big series -- it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.