21 December 2013

The Travelling Pattern

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

Well the big day is nearly here. I am soooo looking forward to Tuesday when I finish work, hopefully we will finish early and then I am free until the 2nd January. It will be bliss. But ... I have so much planned and it involves organising. There are one or two areas that over the last few weeks have just had 'stuff' just dumped, so it is high time is was cleared away and tidied.

So onto why I wrote this blog post in the first place. As you know I received the "Count Your Blessings Travelling Pattern" from Valerie. After much to-ing and fro-ing I have now finished said chart and am ready to pass it on. So if you would like to stitch this chart please consider this,
"that you are a person with an active blog and is well known in the blogging community as being a good exchanger"
If you think this is you then please leave a comment on this post only to be considered as the next stitcher. I know a lot of you that read my blog have already stitched this but hopefully there would be someone as it would be a shame for it not to continue. Please make sure I can reach you by email/profile. I will announce the next person on the 30th December 2013.

Well I suppose you want to see what I did .....

 Count Your Blessings - Shakespeare's Peddler.
40ct Cream Newcastle Linen.

My conversion:
S'mores = Crescent Colours Caterpillar.
Midnight Sky = Weeks Dye Works Seaweed.
Cabbage = GAST Grape Arbor.
Red Delicious = Weeks Dye Work Bordeaux. 
Haystack = DMC 782
Campfire Ashes = DMC 840.

The only ones I did use that were mentioned on the chart were GAST Grape Arbor and DMC 840. All of the others were substituted to colours that I thought were similar to the chart. Of course I haven't a clue how I'm going to finish the piece, but I did want to incorporate the gold fabric in some way, which is why I tried to match the door and windows.

Before I go can I just thank you all for the wonderful comments I received about the framing. I'm thinking of hanging the 3 LHN / CCN projects in my "craft room/office" and the Drawn Thread piece may go in my bedroom.


17 comments:

  1. A gorgeous finish Andrea along with all your other finishes you share. I would love to be considered for the travelling pattern please. Wishing you and yours a peaceful Christmas. Hugs Elisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your lovely finish, but please don't include me as I have already stitched this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish Andrea.
    I think I tried to get this chart to travel to my house once before but was never the lucky winner.
    It looks a quick stitch and one I would enjoy so please include me in the drawing.
    Thank you,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet finish! Please enter my name for this travelling pattern, I'd love a chance to stitch it :) Wishing you a very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I would love to be added to the list of potential recipients for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching!

    I would love to stitch this one, please include my name!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the traveling pattern! Are the Stitchers still putting their names on it? I think I was number three. How many have there been? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching hun; I'd love to be in the drawing for the traveling pattern..:)

    Hugs, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching.
    I wish you a Merry Christmas.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your lovely finish. Please don't enter me for the chart as I have already stitched it. Look forward to seeing how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your finish is lovely Andrea.

    Please don't include me as I have already been the lucky recipient of this. Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely little pattern, please, include me in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. a very sweet piece you've done sweetie =)
    I love the fabric you chose and your conversion for the flosses is perfect =D
    Very beautiful
    Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your holidays =)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful finish, Andrea--your color conversions are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to be in the drawing! Hope you are enjoying your time off!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.