2 March 2014

A Craft Show, A WIP and An Unexpexted Finish

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Here we are in March already. How can that be?!! I had my first days leave of the year from work on Friday. I had booked tickets for Mum and I at The Creative Crafts Show at The Three Counties Showground at Malvern - Dad was coming for the ride and a walk about the region, but it was raining cats and dogs so he came in with us and helped with carried the bags. This was the first time we had visited the show and while it wasn't the biggest I had a really lovely time. Oh I could of spent, without a shadow of a doubt, but I resisted the urge. There were 3 or 4 patchwork/quilting stalls and a couple of knitting stalls, along with the usual obligatory papercrafting ones. As you can see I was rather subdued in my spending but what I did get I was soooo pleased with. I was after some burgundy sheer ribbon so I did manage to buy a 25m roll, which will hopefully keep me going for a bit. How on earth I didn't squeal with delight when I saw the burgundy stripe fabric I will never know. I knew I needed this exact fabric for finishing something that I will be stitching hopefully later in the year. Of course it just couldn't come home alone so was joined by the red and white dotted print. Oh and the spools ... well I needed something for my lace, so they were just the ticket. Of course Mum pipes up "If I had of known 50 years ago that these were going to be so popular I could of brought some from work!" Great!!

 
-oOo-
 
Stitching-wise I have been working on the next part of a Frosty Forest. The snowman is so sweet and I do like his house with the brick effect at the bottom of the walls. I am going to stitch the next border so that I am ready to go next time.
 

Snowman Cottage - Frosty Forest - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Pearl Grey Newcastle Linen.
Recommended threads.

 
-oOo-
 
Now I did say that I didn't know when I would get to finish Bent Creeks' Glad Tidings but I found a couple of hours yesterday. My ribbon purchase came in handy! I used DMC 902 for the handmade cording to match the "Glad Tidings" wording and then added pins to match the berries. I did mean to photograph the back of the piece but I used a little of the fabric Dani gifted me as it was just perfect.

Glad Tidings - Bent Creek.
36ct Flax Edinburgh Linen.
DMC thread alternatives.
Finished as an ornament.
 
Until next time ....

29 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time at the show. I love those fabrics and that burgundy ribbon could not have been more suitable to finish off the pretty little Christmas ornament.

    Frosty Forest is already looking gorgeous - so pretty against the delicate pale minty linen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash buy - love the spools.
    Beautiful ornament finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like your Glad Tidings finish - very pretty with that red bow. I'm glad you did manage to buy some stash - after all, you did brave the rain to get there! ;-)

    Frosty forest is looking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day out Andrea, and your new purchases are just to my taste :) Your Frosty Forest series is looking wonderful and I love how you have finished Glad Tidings. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely purchases! Your Mom is a pip :)
    Frosty Forest is looking great and I love your ornament finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you enjoyed your vacation days, Andrea--I love the red and white goodies and the old spools you got at the craft show. How nice that your mom could go with you, too. Your ornament finish is wonderful--as your ornament finishes always are :) And what great progress on the Frosty Forest--that must be a fun one to stitch...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both Glad Tidings and Frosty Forest are lovely. What good purchases at the craft show! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love your stash especially that red fabric!

    Your Frosty Forest is coming along so beautifully! The grey fabric is just perfect!

    Love how you finished Glad Tidings!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Snowman Cottage finish and the ornament looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. some pretty things you picked up. The stitching looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the wooden spools.... And, your reds look wonderful.... Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Frosty Forest is looking great. Lovely finish on Glad Tidings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Frotsty Forest looks great. The littel snowmann is really cute.
    Lovely ornament.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  14. went to a quilt show at the Malvern show ground a few years back ... and enjoyed that too ... gorgeous purchases and I have some of those spools as well ...(little emily's stall ) cute finish too :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The ribbon you bought at the craft fair was just perfect for the finishing of your BC ornament. It looks so beautiful with the cording, the ribbon and the pins.
    So nice, the new addition to Frosty Forest. That's a wonderful series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your stash such wonderful colours.
    Wow your stitching is always so beautiful
    Wishing you a happy week .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your stitchery is so beautiful. Love it.
    Have a nice week,
    greatings from germany,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, a beautiful finish & great progress on your WIP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice purchases Andrea and great you could find just what you needed. Look forward to seeing the reels in use - great your mum and dad could accompany you ,but shame about the rain . We do seem to be getting rather a lot of it don't we.
    Super wips and great finishing too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got yourself some nice goodies love the faric x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those spools you found. Your frosty forest is looking great and I love the way you finished Glad Tidings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. fantastic stitching =)
    so lovely
    very well done
    I love your old bobbins, Hubby offered me some for Valentine day...I have to show them too =)
    have a great day
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely stitching, the Frosty series is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  24. Frosty Forest is looking great. I so love the bottom of the house too, the brick work is adorable. I can not wait to get the next block... you are smart to start the boarder for it. Love those spools.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like you had a great day out. Lovely new goodies. Your stitching and finishing is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you had a great time at the show

    Frosty Forest is looking lovely & great finishing on Glad Tidings

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous ornament, and love your Frosty Forest! I opted out on that one as we have been having a dreadfully cold and snowy winter...and I don't want to stitch snow. Enjoying watching yours from afar.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

    Love how your Frosty Forest is coming along. I'll be starting mine very soon now and can hardly wait!

    Your Bent Creek finish is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.