21 April 2014

Stitching Addictions

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Oh these Little Sheep Virtues are so addictive to stitch and finish. I have another 4 of them here ... Simplicity, Hope, Patience and Wisdom.

Simplicity has been the hardest to colour match so far. In the original design it is finished on Weeks Dye Works' Snow Cream Houndstooth wool felt ... a two-tone houndstooth check of cream and brown. So I umm'd and ahh'd and swapped and changed a few felt colours and decided on this beige colour. It is a bit more golden in real life, more of a richer colour.

Simplicity
Little Sheep Virtues - Little House Needleworks
 
 
I left Hope until I had sorted out all of the other browns. Again on the original they are the same colourway but one a houndstooth and the other a plain.
 
Hope
Little Sheep Virtues - Little House Needleworks
 
 
Patience I am really pleased with. It's a real chestnut colour but I was mindful of it being too orange as I need that for Kindness when I get to stitching that one.
 
Patience
Little Sheep Virtues - Little House Needleworks
 
 
And Wisdom ... oh we could all do with a bit of wisdom! Love it, a rich chocolate brown.
 
Wisdom
Little Sheep Virtues - Little House Needleworks
 
 32ct Raw Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC threads and buttons.
 
 
At the moment I trying to stitch Friendship. I say trying because I bought a new pack of needles and I now have a cut on my forefinger! Now I know it is not a paper cut as it would hurt more that it does which isn't very much ... but it's just where I hold my needle! So it must be the new needles. I may go back and use the older ones and just have to break the newer ones in more gently.
 
Just so you know, I am not slacking off my other stitching responsibilities the retailer that I have my Frosty Forest from on auto-ship was having difficulty with deliveries from the USA due to the weather and items are being delayed. So I am 3 behind as another one has just been released. I hope she gets them in soon ... it might be next summer when it's complete!
 
Until next time ...

24 comments:

  1. I love the way you are matching the felt colors with the threads.
    Your choices are so pretty.
    And your finishing is perfect!
    What a great collection you will have.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finishes - they all love beautiful. Hope your forefinger gets better so you can stitch properly.

    Elizabeth B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finishing I love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Очень красиво!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just gorgeous, Andrea! It's so great when we find something that we are really "hooked on"!

    I hope your finger heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finishes Andrea yet again!! I hope your finger heals soon. Nothing worse than hurting your needle finger :( Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the awesome finishes Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous stitching, I really like the chocolate brown for wisdom. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous Andrea, you've inspired me to get on and finish some more of my set :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finishes... Love the colors. I hope your finger heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They keep getting better! Love these Andrea - you're making wonderful choices with the color of the wool felt. I know that can't be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love seeing how you are finishing these little Sheep. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea,

    Firstly, how lovely that you've stitched ... er ...
    egg? The pattern I sent you for Christmas.
    It really turned out beautifully on that black
    fabric which makes the thread colours truly
    POP!!! And the backing fabric is perfect.
    A perfect, sunny yellow.

    Your Sheep Virtues are amazing!!! Your
    attention to detail and meticulous choice
    of felt colours chosen to compliment the
    thread colours of each project are fabulous!

    I have to say that the purple felt for Courage
    is sooo pretty, but so is the blue of Faith.
    And for some reason the golden felt you used
    for Simplicity really appeals to me as well.

    Hope your new needles aren't giving you any
    more trouble.

    Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sheep finishes are wonderful. I think you have matched up the colors really well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always so beautiful I do love the sheep, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Each of these finishes is so special, Andrea! I have stitched three so far and given them all away--I agree, they are very addicting :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great project and your finishing is really nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your little sheep!!! So cute and your finishing is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh they are all so beautiful well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous finishes, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  22. those 4 news sheep are fantastic :D
    I stitched them but I'm still delighted when I see them...and you're doing such wonderful finishes !! :D
    Very beautiful
    I hope your finger is better now :-/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Andrea, your little pillows are exquisite. Your colour choices for the backing felts are perfect. They set off each design perfectly.
    I've just got back from visiting my sister in Cyprus and she has started stitching this set too. I will pass your blog link on to her. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.