25 August 2014

A Trio of Finishes

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Welcome again to my little craft haven. The weather has certainly changed within the past week and I fear summer is over already. Thoughts turn to Autumn but not before I show you my 'Summer' finish. This one didn't take me long at all. I'm thinking of a bellpull finish but only when I have all of the other seasons stitched.
 
 
Summer - The Drawn Thread.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Linen.
Recommended DMC and Weeks Dye Works threads.
Stitched 1 over 2.
 
-oOo-
 
So on to my favourite subject of Christmas! I have 2 pillow finishes that I can show you as they are ... for me. :) The first is a Prairie Schooler Santa from Book 110 Santa and Friends. It doesn't have a design name but I call it "Santa and Reindeers". It is stitched on 25ct black Lugana 1 over 1 making the design 2⅛ wide by 2¾ high. I made the twisted cording from DMC 221.



 "Santa and Reindeers" - The Prairie Schooler.
Book 110 Santa and Friends.
25ct Black Lugana.
Recommended DMC threads.
Stitched 1 over 1
 
-oOo-
 
My other pillow is a SamSarah Design. This is from the Just Cross stitch Ornament Issue 2013. I've stitched this on 32ct misty blue linen, a first for me with this colour linen. I really wanted that mid-blue tone and this had been in my stash for far too long. There are a couple of substitutions for the threads. I used Classic Colorworks Bamboo instead of CC Belle Soie Oatmeal Scone and CC Hazelnut instead of CC Belle Soie Cinnamon Stick. All the rest I used the called for DMC alternatives except DMC 310, I used DMC3799 instead as I thought the black was a little too harsh. For the cording I used DMC 3865. I did also make a few changes to the design, very unlike me I know. The red heart was supposed to be a button which I did for one second think about buying, but in the end decided I could just stitch the 6 stitches in DMC 321. I added beads as eyes instead of the dreaded French knots. Finally the star was supposed to ne in white/cream but I thought here was too much of that ... and I hadn't got enough left ... so stitched in the CC Hazelnut.



Holy Night - SamSarah Design Studio.
32ct Misty Blue Belfast linen.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2013.
Thread changes:
Belle Soie Oatmeal Scone = Classic Colorworks Bamboo.
Belle Soie = Classic Colorworks Hazelnut.
DMC 310 = DMC 3799.
Otherwise DMC alternatives.
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ...
 
 

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes Andrea. The Drawn Thread piece is especially lovely, and I like the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrea,

    lovely finishes.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finishes Andrea! Great work. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Pretty pretty and pretty! :) I love them all Andrea! You stitch so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Summer stitch, and your Christmas stitching is so beautiful .
    Wishing you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finishes Andrea! I stitched that snowman design & wish I had thought to stitch the heart. I ordered a heart-shaped button which I hope will work : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finishes and finishing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bees on the Drawn Thread piece. It's very pretty. How fun that you have new Christmas decorations ready to go. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been stitching and enjoying it. I love your projects - I wish my white stitches would come out like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice variety Andrea. Lovely, creative work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah *sigh*, such lovely, lovely stitching! I love the bees' wings in that first sampler, and the Christmas/winter pieces are just delightful. I always like how you stage your photos too. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the gorgeous finishes Andrea.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have been busy! I love the bees on your summer finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty finishes. They will make nice additions to the christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful finishes! Really love the black on the PS Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're all really gorgeous finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bees and snowmen - two of my favorite things! Like all the changes for the better you made on Oh Holy Night!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning finishes Andrea well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. All great finishes.
    Love the DT piece.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Andrea,

    I love all of your finishes, in particular the black ornament, it looks so effective on that background.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, such gorgeous ornaments, Andrea!! I love how well the snowman shows up on the pretty blue fabric and you know how I love a project stitched on black :)

    Your DT piece is just lovely--your stitches are always so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful Christmas finishes and what a lovely summer sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful finishes! I especially love that Santa and Reindeer ornament!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your DT piece is looking great, I've been an admirer of her designs for a long time and always love to see them stitched by fellow stitchers. I should go through my DT charts and look if there is one that I could start. They shouldn't be on the stash for so long.

    Wonderful, your two Christmas pillows. So beautifully finished.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous finishes Andrea! I love the one stitched on black lugana and the finish too!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous finishes, I especially love summer. I need to get on and stitch some more of that set, I've only done Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your ornament finishes are just beautiful Andrea. Of course my favourite is Holy Night! I must stitch that one.

    Your DT finish is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful finishes! I really like the Prairie Schooler Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just bought that PS book 2 weeks ago and can't wait to stitch Santa with the animals. I'm a little scared to stitch on the black linen. Yours looks so good. All your stitching look great!.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What lovely finishes!! So very pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.