6 October 2014

Hello Autumn

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Autumn has certainly come to this part of the UK. Misty mornings, followed by days with a nip in the air and then the drop in temperature as the nights draw in. Sitting in an armchair with the curtains drawn stitching away is just the place to be. A dramatic opening ... but it's the one I'm experiencing at the moment. I may not like the cooler temperatures or the days getting shorter but I don't tire of those times sitting in the armchair stitching.
 
And I am already for Autumn in the stitching department too. I have 3 finishes to show you. First is a  freebie design by Broderie Passion - Martine290. It is stitched on 36ct Light Mocha Edinburgh Linen, 1 over 2 with Gloriana hand-dyed silk thread Autumn Arbor. It's a beautiful mix of autumnal colours and one which I used on a Drawn Thread piece - Autumn Arbor ... how appropriate!! There are supposed to be beads on the bottom vines either side of the house, but I didn't bother. This one is finished similarly to the Little Sheep Virtues pillows. I haven't added anything around the stitched piece as it seemed to blend in to the wool felt quite nicely .




 Automne Rouge - Marine290.
36ct Light Mocha Edinburgh Linen.
Gloriana Hand-dyes Silk Thread - Autumn Arbor.
 
-oOo-

The next one is another freebie, well they are all freebies if I'm honest. :) Lookin' Like Fall by Plum Pudding Needleart is a bit more spooky with the black cat and crow. I do like the quilted looking squares that the cat is sitting on.




Lookin' Like Fall - Plum Pudding Needleart.
32ct Raw Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC threads.

-oOo-
 
Finally is another design by Plum Pudding Needleart which you can also find here. I have been trying to collect and print as many freebies as I can. There are some wonderful designs out there ... most of which I don't know about until someone tells me ... Again this one is finished similarly to the Little Sheep Virtues pillows. I used DMC 310 to make a twisted thread and added a black and white checked ribbon to cover the join.
 




Be Blessed - Plum Pudding Needleart.
32ct Platinum Belfast Linen.
Used recommended DMC threads.
 
-oOo-
 
I have some exciting news at the end of October so make sure you come back and visit me again then.
 
Until next time ....

36 comments:

  1. Such pretty finishes, Andrea! I especially love the last piece with the felt pillow finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful stitching and finishing! Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous freebies Andrea - thank you for the links. I especially like 'lookin like Fall'. Such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stitching Andrea and I love your finishing on these. Like you, I'm always looking for and then printing off freebies :) Enjoy your stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your finishes are wonderful! And thanks for sharing the links to the charts. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Andrea, what lovely finishes! So pretty and so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your latest fall finishes, Andrea!! I definitely need to stitch that little black kitty freebie, too--love the way you've finished it :) Looking forward to your exciting end-of-October news...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all the adorable finishes Andrea. I love them all.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous stitching and wonderfully finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all gorgeous Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty, I like the felt finishings. I might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I really love all that beautiful stitchery. It is so colorful and quaint.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful little finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitching &'finishes are just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Andrea your finishes are always so pretty so inspirational. I am glad Autumn has come one of my favourite seasons. I shall be back to hear your exciting news xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love each and everyone of your finishes Andrea. So pretty.

    I really like getting the curtains closed in an evening when the nights are drawing in especially last night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Andrea,

    wonderful sitching. All the little pillows are so beautiful.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful finishes. Autumn is my favourite season , for the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are all very lovely!!!! Freebies can be also beautiful. It dipends how you finish them and you know do that very well.
    Have a nice day.
    Smack Woody

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all these freebie designs and your finishes are just perfect!! Love them all but my favourite is the last one, your felt little cushion is just fantastic. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Andrea! Your work is so beautifully done. The attention to detail is superb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, Andrea, your fall stitching is just beautiful. I love the choice of designs and the way how your finished them. I am also using Gloriana Autumn Arbor right now with a fall piece. this thread has the perfect fall colours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous finishes Andrea! They all look great! Can't wait to hear what your big news is at the end of October! Happy stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful finishes.Greetings from Ireland :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are very creative with your finishing, I am always so eager to start the next project that I never manage to finish my pieces into anything, but with winter coming up perhaps I will have more time on my hands to do some finishing work.
    your blog is looking very pretty in Autumn colors.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  26. I simply can't pick a favorite because they are all gorgeous! Can't wait to hear your news :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there Andrea, what great finds , I like the cat on its quilt too and just been to download the pdf. Thanks for sharing. So nicely finished as per usual, just got a drawn thread pattern this week and thought of you,it is called Full Moon .Shall never get all I have stitched but one can dream. Have a good week.
    hugs Barb

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very beautiful finishes:) thanks for sharing the freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Andrea, all your pieces are beautiful and I really like how they're finished! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous finishes, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE all these beautiful finishes! You did a great job with these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have these two charts and have stitch both. lovely work hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  33. Three beautiful finishes Andrea.
    The Gloriana thread is just beautiful as used in the Automne Rouge piece.
    Love them all.
    What a star you are to be doing your yearly RAK again. I haven't commented on that post as my name was drawn a few years ago and I still enjoy that ornament very much.
    I've lost my stitching mojo but have almost finished a small SB piece so at least that is something.
    Happy stitching and enjoy the weekend.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.