A warm welcome to everyone and to the month of December. How did we get here so fast! Well all of the RAK ornaments have either made it to their new homes or they are in the process of getting there. I have received a gorgeous crocheted tree decoration from Michelle which I shall show you next time.
-oOo-
Let's go back to last Christmas for the moment. I received from my god-daughter a sewing kit to make up in to a needlecase. Well I finally have managed to get around to putting it all together. One of the leaves was a bit crumpled and broken so I left that off but it is quite a sweet little needlecase. I added an extra 'page' in the middle to accommodate more needles. I'm going to use this for my 'sewing' needles as opposed to my 'cross stitch' needles.
-oOo-
So we start with an ornament received by Sally at Stitchyangels Treasures. Be Jolly was the first ornament I stitched at the beginning of 2014 so he has been waiting a very long time for a new home. The design is stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct natural raw cashel linen. I finished his hat off with a nice little jingle bell!
Be Jolly - Angel Stitchin
28ct natural raw cashel linen.
Stitched 1 over 1 with recommended threads.
From Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2013.
-oOo-
Next it was Annette at California Stitcher who let me know that her RAK ornament had arrived. This jolly snowman looks a bit different to the one in the magazine as that one was stitched on green but I wanted an icy blue. Old Frosty here is stitched on Kiwi Illusions - Little Boy Blue. It was a fat quarter when I was gifted it, but it has lasted absolutely ages. I still have a small strip of it left which I am determined to find something I can stitch on it!
Frosty Snowflake - Needle Bling Designs.
32ct Kiwi Illusions - Little Boy Blue Belfast Linen.
Mainly used DMC with the red a blend of DMC 321 and CC Ribbon Red.
From Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2013.
-oOo-
I won a book giveaway from Frances at A Symphony of Stitches which arrived last week. I am just sooooo pleased. It's a beautiful book, looks like new! I'm writing my list of requirements! Thank you Frances.
So many wonderful designs but one of my favourites has to be Santa flying over the rooftops.
-oOo-
Well I think that is all for today. Lots more planned blog posts for the coming days and weeks.
So ... Until next time ...
A sweet needlebook you've made! I adore your ornaments, they are always, so perfect and wonderful! And a great win to boot! Happy December to you sweet Andrea!
ReplyDeleteI love my Frosty Snowflake ornament you made me - Thank you so very much again Andrea! Your needlebook is beautiful. Lovely book you won from sweet Frances. oooh the chart Santa flying over the roof tops is gorgeous. LOVE your Christmas blog header & borders - sooo pretty. love Annette
ReplyDeleteStunning ornies and they couldn't have gone to nicer people. x
ReplyDeleteHow darling--I love that needlebook that you put together, Andrea. And I know the recipients of your lovely ornaments are absolutely thrilled :) Enjoy the book--I have it and there really are some lovely charts in it!
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet, wonderful gifts you have given. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a precious needlebook.
That's a cute needlecase - very spring like!
ReplyDeleteThe ornaments are lovely and much appreciated by the lucky recipients, I'm sure.
Cute pieces. The needlebook has really colors.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty needlecase! The ornaments are wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet needlebook - always useful!!
ReplyDeleteWOW love your needle book, your stitching this year is so beautiful , your winners most be over the moon .
ReplyDeleteHappy stitching .
Hello Andrea,
ReplyDeletea sweet needlebook.
Beautiful book you have won.
Lovely little ornaments.
Greetings, Manuela
Fabulous needlebook and ornaments!! You definitely made some people happy :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your needlecase! So very cute as are the RAKs. I love the frosty blue as well.
ReplyDeleteCurious, what is the smallest size of linen that you'll save? I've been thinking of this a lot lately.
What beautiful items Andrea - love your new look to your blog xx
ReplyDeleteLove all your stitching and finishing Andrea. Congrats to the lucky recipients.
ReplyDeleteLinda
What beautiful stitching!! All are so lovely!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you like the book! That Santa sleigh was one of my favorites, too! It will take a while to stitch, but would be gorgeous!
**I have tried to fix my no-reply problem, so I hope it's working now!
That needlebook is just charming...and the ornaments you featured are wonderful. You take great photos.
ReplyDeleteOh how pretty!!! And that Santa is lovely. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely needlebook Andrea.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much again for my beautiful ornament. I have it hung on the garland above my fireplace. I love it!
Beautiful ornament for Annette too :)
What a lovely gift from your God daughter. It has made up into a really sweet needle book.
ReplyDeleteYour Santa RAK's are lovely. There are some very happy winners out there.
The Timeless Treadures book is brilliant. I have one and love it. Many years ago when I l lived in Cyprus a bookshop in the capital, Nicosia, had most of the series in a sale after Christmas and I was able to get quite a few. I was very lucky. I'm sure you'll find lots of stitching inspiration. Xx