10 February 2015

The Month of Love

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I hope I find you all well. I am beginning to notice the night's are drawing out just a little bit. I'm driving home from work in the light now and don't have to have my headlights on! Yeah!
 
However Santas' are still hanging around. When I started this piece it was the first time I had used 18ct Davos. I really wasn't sure about it and honestly didn't think I would like the outcome. But I persevered, the more I stitched the more I enjoyed it and the overall effect turned out just so well. I do think he has been rushing around a bit too much as his cheeks are so rosy!


 
1988 Schooler Santa - The Prairie Schooler.
18ct Khaki Davos.
Recommended DMC threads.
 
-oOo-

On to my ornament for February. Although this is not my ususal style i.e a primitive design from The Primitive Hare, this design just said "stitch me!". I haven't stitched on vintage or marbled or tea/coffee stained fabric as that would be a bit extreme for me. :) So good old 40ct Raw Newcastle was my fabric of choice. I made it my own by adding the obligatory ribbon and edging. The edges were backstitched and oversewn together and then the ric rac was couched on. This was something that I have seen many times on your blogs but this is the first time I have managed to include it in a finished piece. Two ornaments in two months ... not bad ... let's see if I can make it three out of three next month.


 
I Believe In Santa - The Primitive Hare.
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen.
Recommended DMC threads.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2012.
 
-oOo-
 
The month of February, known to many as the month of "love". I have "A Little Christmas" and "A Little Snow" on the list of to-do's so I thought I would add "A Little Love" to the mix. These designs are just so nice to stitch. Even at 3.25" square, it took me about 3 evenings of a couple of hours stitching to complete. I told you I was slow! Then it was the easiest finish ... ever! Cut some mountboard, cut some wadding, lace the back (might want to change the finish later on!) and pop in to a frame. Voila!
 



 
A Little Love - Lizzie Kate.
32ct Flax Belfats Linen (provided in the kit).
Used mixture of DMC and hand dyed threads.
DMC 520, 931, 932, 3354.
WDW Pecan.
WDW Romance.
WDW Scuppernong.
WDW Purple Haze.
 
-oOo-
 
Do you think Spring might be on its' way? Do you think nature is telling us something? I'm hoping to get some Spring stitching done now ... along with another ornament ... oh and I need to update you all on my Drawn Thread piece.


Until next time ...

39 comments:

  1. What beautiful stitching and finishing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all came out just beautiful. Hard to pick my favorite. I did notice tonight its 6:09pm and still light. Please come spring and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I visit your blog, I really do *sigh* and smile and enjoy your lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I really like the turquoise rather than Christmasy green on the PS Santa, and your trim and border accent it perfectly. What great timing to finish A Little Love; now it will always remind you of this year's Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea-
    Your finished pieces are lovely to say the least. May I ask, what is Davos? Is it just even weave or does it have a special element?

    My friend Dianne just finished the love piece by Lizzie Kate this morning at our stitch circle. It's really sweet. I'm going to have to add it to my list of 2015 projects.

    Thanks for sharing. I enjoy your blog!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Santa is great and I love the ornaments and the way you finished them. We do have daffodils with buds. Spring might be early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty Christmas ornies Andrea! And the L*K Love frame is so pretty and perfect for this month! Can't wait to see your DT progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous stitching Andrea, as always I love how you have finished these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice stitching Andrea. I like the PS santa, glad he is no longer a UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finishes. And yes I certainly hope nature is trying to tell us something, because I'm ready for spring for sure. It's a little lighter at 5:30 in the morning now too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so lovely, all your finishes. And I do love your finsihing.

    I have nevr stitched on Davos fabric although I have a piece in my stash. Maybe I should try it when I stitch my first yearly PS Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stitches.

    Greeetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful stitching. Love your finishes .x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh each one is so pretty. I am just doing my first PS Santa, 1990. I felt the same way about the fabric but have gotten used to it. It makes a great take along project because of its size. I love the Lizzie Kate "love". I think I will have to order it!

    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS. I hit send too quickly!
    I agree! Is so happy to be coming out into the parking lot after work and it being partially light. I have seen some beautiful sunsets riding home these last weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Andrea,
    how quite all your works!!! Most of them I like the one of Lizzie Kate: Bellissimo...
    Have a nice week
    Woody

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely finishes! The ricrac edging looks amazing. I might have to try doing it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you! Your two ornaments are great.
    The Lizzie Kate is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely beautiful finishes Andrea! They all look perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely finishes! The snowdrops give me hope that spring really is on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the view, your stitchings..your photos and you ..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely post Andrea. We've noticed the lighter evenings too, it really lifts the spirits as do the lovely show of snowdrops on your blog. Our hellebores are in flower and so are the crocuses but the snowdrops are still a bit shy. They are up but not open yet.
    Your red cheeked Santa looks lovely and beautifully finished as always and Believe in Santa is really gorgeous. Lovely edging. A Little Love. Well what can one say. It's always the right time for that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful stitching , Beautiful finish , Beautiful Post ,
    Beautiful blog , love every thing hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your projects and their finishes! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on all of these finishes. I epsecially love the "Believe in Santa" ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful stitching, love the way you have trimmed the Santa

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been stitching this year but I haven't gotten enough done. Work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your stitching and finishing are beautiful. I'm a slow stitcher too. I'm always amazed at what some can stitch in an evening. Looks like you have some lovely spring blooms on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, I always get excited when I see a PS Santa all finished up, Andrea--he is great on that fabric, too! Your stitches are so perfect and even--just lovely to see :)

    Had to laugh at your comment about not stitching on tea stained fabric :) I'm not a bit "Prim" lover either and would have done exactly like you did and chosen the 40ct. raw Newcastle. It looks great and the couched ric rac is an idea I'll have to try sometime. The little framed LK piece is adorable and perfect for February :)

    Oh, Spring flowers--how lucky you are. We are still snow-covered here...

    ReplyDelete
  30. What lovely stitching!!! And your finishing is always so lovely, too! I love Prairie Schooler and that Santa is especially wonderful with his little rosy cheeks! Too, too cute!!!
    Your other stitching is great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Some lovely finishes, Andrea. I do like that L*K one, perfect for this time of year! I do believe there are signs that Spring is starting to think about appearing and I definitely like that the days are lengthening! There have even been a couple of mornings that have been noticeably brighter - roll on the longer days!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your finishes Andrea. I love the way you finished The Primitive Hare one in particular and the fabric you used to stitch it on.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful stitching & finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOVE all of your stitching and finishing! They all look so pretty and colorful.
    Glad to see someone else that likes working on Davosa. I still have several pieces in different colors.

    Stay warm,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello, I am brand new to your blog and must say I am very impressed. Your stitching is exquisite and the finishings are too cute.

    The first time I looked at your blog you had a long alphabet piece and the second time I looked it had disappeared. It was so neat. Will you post it again? I love alphabets.

    Your expertise is way above mine, but it is nice to see what others are making...and drool!!

    Spring is just around the corner, Louise

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.