How are you all this merry month of March? Today, March 20th is the official "First Day of Spring". Hoorah! Spring is also on the stitching agenda. I have lots to show so I think it best to get started. All freebies and all wonderful designs.
Firstly it's Spring Surprise by Mosey 'n' Me found on this page here. No thread guide was given for this, a challenge for me to start off with! I started off with WDW Carrot and with the thread box beside me I went from there. Of course I changed the French knots for beads ...... I added the running stitch around the piece just so it wouldn't look so bland. My threads are listed below.
Spring Surprise - Mosey n Me.
36ct Flax Edinburgh Linen.
Threads used:
WDW Carrot.
GAST Endive.
GAST Antique Rose.
GAST Straw Bonnet.
Backstitching:
Bunny = GAST Flax.
Bunny Ears = GAST Antique Rose.
Bunny Whiskers = CC Caterpillar.
Leaf = CC English Ivy.
Carrot = CC Stepping Stones.
Beads for eyes: MH Glass Seed Bead #02014 Black.
-oOo-
You have all been to The Snowflower Diaries I'm sure. There are some lovely freebies and I have stitched a couple of them for Spring. The first one, Tulips with Chick I stitched and then hemstitched the edging. It has been quite a while since I have done any hemstitching and you can tell. Very rusty!
Tulips With Chick - The Snowflower Diaries.
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen.
Recommended DMC alternative threads.
So after completed the chick I decided to stitch it's friend the bunny. I did change the inside of the tulip to a more pinky colour and stitched the bunny in WDW Havana to add a bit of shading to him. I added one of my special pins that I received from Vickie in the bow too.
Tulips With Bunny - The Snowflower Diaries.
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen.
Recommended DMC 310, 471, 931, 3350
CC House Wine.
WDW Havana.
-oOo-
This little Prairie Schooler freebie was something that I stitched last year. I put it away as I didn't quite know how I was going to finish it. I spotted it again a week or so ago when doing something else and thought I would finish it as a small pillow with the fabrics I had used for previous Spring finishes. They seemed perfect to go with the threads. I'm sure the freebie will eventually make it around again on the Prairie Schooler site. It's one place where you have to keep going to look as the freebies change every few months.
Peep - The Prairie Schooler (freebie).
32ct Summer Khaki Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC threads.
-oOo-
Lastly my March ornament. This has to be my favourite, favourite design and finished piece of the year so far. I absolutely adore it. Do you ever get that feeling that when you look at a piece you have stitched and/or finished and you say to yourself " I've made that!"? I don't know, it just works ..... A square stitched piece that doesn't have to be finished as a square. The bow sits there big and bold and says "here I am!" I really don't think I could of finished it much better. It's not often that I will praise myself, there's always room for improvement in anything but I am very proud of this. :) I hope you will forgive my little outburst.
Ho Ho Ho (2013) - Broderies Passion (Martine290).
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen.
Threads:
DMC 801 changed to WDW Mocha.
DMC 937 changed to CC Pea Pod.
DMC 321 changed to WDW Turkish Red.
DMC B5200 same
-oOo-
Until next time ...
Oh Andrea, what a wonderful post with so much eye candy. And all of this eye candy is about spring. I love your spring stitching and all the different ways you finished the little pillows, just great.
ReplyDeleteWonderful stitching! You are right to be proud of the Christmas ornament, it's stunning. My favourites though are the Snowflower Diaries ones, as I think the finishing items you selected are perfect. It's amazing how generous designers are with free designs!
ReplyDeleteWonderful finishes as always :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job on all of your projects. You picked the perfect colors for your Mosey N Me piece!
ReplyDeleteAll your works are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend, Manuela
Lovely, lovely, lovely work my friend! I adore that big bow. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Such gorgeous stitching and finishing. Not that I am surprised, only how much you've got done!
ReplyDeleteAll of your finishes are beautiful! I really love the Snowflower freebies and you finishes are so sweet. The Christmas one is perfect!!
ReplyDeleteAll wonderfull!!! Spring is here after all:)) Smack Woody
ReplyDeleteYou should be proud of ALL those finishes! I must admit I'm a wee bit jealous, in the nicest way, of course :)!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Andrea. I sure wish I could do finishes like that.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Your spring finishes are just lovely! A refreshing sight on a day that is chilly and wet.
ReplyDeleteWonderful finishes Andrea. The Mosey n Me is very cute. Thanks for the link and the threads used listing. Much appreciated.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, have been following your blog for quite some time and I don't think I have ever seen anything that didn't look professionaly done. These are no exceptions either. All are beautiful in their own way, especially your Ho Ho Ho with that gorgeous bow!!! I envy your talent!!
ReplyDeleteAs always your finishing is so gorgeous! Love, love, love your Christmas ornament too. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat is a TON of work, and all are so lovely! Your Spring pieces are so pretty, and your fabrics and finishing are perfect!
ReplyDeleteThat Christmas ornament is really nice! I love the square that's not square! And your bow finishes it off wonderfully!
Thanks for sharing--it just makes me want to do more, myself!!
Beautiful work my friend - so happy Spring is here hope you have a nice weekend x
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post , lots of wonderful stitching, I am a big fan of all that you stitch . love all your finishing ideas.
Happy Spring.
Love every one of your finishes Andrea - as always! Your blog always inspires me. And I agree, makng your square-shaped ornament into an oval finish really works! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYour little out burst is totally forgiven. You finishing is just beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing with us! It is an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteYour finishes are always perfection, Andrea, and I love seeing these latest spring finishes. I have to say, though, that the two little chick pieces have thoroughly captured my heart--they are just so darling. And the PS chick is done exactly how I would have finished it--so sweet :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Spring to you--we are nowhere near spring here. It actually snowed on the "first day of Spring" on Friday :(
Beautiful designs and wonderful finishing. I love those adorable Spring designs.
ReplyDeleteEverything is gorgeous~
ReplyDeleteYour stitching and finishing are so pretty Andrea.
ReplyDeleteWow! Oh my I love your finishes! That carrot - just made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the links! blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteoooh my goodness! So much beautiful Spring eye candy. LOVE all your incredible spring ornaments. Lovely stitching and great post.
ReplyDeletelove Annette
Oh my goodness those are all fantastic spring freebies and finishes! Congrats... still looking for signs of spring up north!
ReplyDeleteAll of your smalls are beautiful. You do lovely work and the finishing is really nice. I love your blog.
ReplyDeletesuperbe, j'adore ton interprétation
ReplyDeletemerci d'avoir brodé ma petite grille
bonne journée
Beautiful finishing. I have the Mosey n Me rabbit popping out of the carrot on my finishing pile as well.
ReplyDelete