Nearly at the end of May and therefore ... Summer!! Month six, half a year, can you believe it!
I am a little way behind in blog reading. I have spent the last hour or so trying to catch up and will get back to it after writing this post. It's a bit grey and cloudy for the Bank Holiday so the perfect time to catch up.
-oOo-
So May's Christmas ornament. A bit different for me ... a design by The Primitive Hare, Peace on Earth from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2013. I would never normally contemplate anything like this, as you know 'primitive' is not my style at all. However there are some designs that can cover different genres and I think that this is one of them. I was going to add 'my style' to it but after putting a few beads around the edge decided it looked better bare.
Peace on Earth - The Primitive Hare.
40ct Cream Newcastle Linen.
Threads as recommended.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2013.
-oOo-
I received some charts this past Christmas ... here. One of which was Friendship by The Trilogy. I'd stitched this in an exchange years ago but never for myself and of course in those days I did get rid of the chart as soon as I'd stitched it. So I was so pleased to receive this chart again ... and it's not going anywhere this time! I didn't have anything suitable for a charm to add so left it off. If you didn't know it should have one, I don't think you would say it needed one.
I have to confess that I didn't see the bit of blue fluff until I was looking through the photos. I wasn't going outside and taking them again. :)
Friendship - The Trilogy.
36ct Light Mocha Edinburgh Linen.
Stitched 2 over 2.
Used a mixture of the recommended DMC, GAST or WDW.
-oOo-
So as we approach June ... my first offering of Summer. Typically Summer. Sweetest Home by Country Cottage Needleworks. I stitched it on the recommended Patina Lakeside Linen but on the 28ct so I could stitch 1 over 1. Then I found some Henry Glass range of fabric at Pelenna Patchworks which I thought would work. When they arrived I couldn't believe how the colours matched so well.
Sweetest Home - Country Cottage Needleworks.
28ct Patina Lakeside Linen.
Stitched 1 over 1.
Used DMC, DMC alternatives and GAST Chives.
-oOo-
Until next time ...
Your Sweetest Home finish is great! And the fabric goes perfectly.
ReplyDeleteAll your little pillows are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteGreetings, Manuela
I like that Peace on Earth ornament. Somehow it's a 'classic'.
ReplyDeleteLove the other pieces too!
Summer! How did we get here so fast?!!!
Enjoy your week!
Congrats on all of the great finishes Andrea.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Peace on Earth is rich and elegant - very beautiful. Your friendship is fun and made me smile. And Home Sweet Home - oh my, what a perfect finish! I loved them all! blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes !!
ReplyDeleteGreetings
Marion
Oh excellent work in finishing. I really love Home Sweet Home. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes, love the beehives.
ReplyDeleteThey are all wonderful finishes Andrea, well done :)
ReplyDeleteYou do such beautiful stitching and finishing! I always enjoy your posts! Happy Memorial Day!
ReplyDeleteI agree the prim gets a little "primitive" albeit this is a nice piece. I love the Sweetest Home piece and you're right the fabric matches wonderfully. Your work is lovely! Thanks for the share!
ReplyDeleteVery nice stitching and great finishing.
ReplyDeleteYour finishes are always beautiful!
ReplyDeleteA long time ago there was a lot of things I thought I would never stitch because they weren't my style (samplers, primitive, etc.) but I've learned over the years to ignore "my style" and just stitch what makes me happy.!
ReplyDeleteYou've had a lot of wonderful finishes!
Really pretty finishes. Great additions.
ReplyDeleteLovely finishes :)
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely finishes! I especially like the bees. How wonderful the fabric matched so well. It was meant to be!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous finishes! Peace on Earth doesn't look primitive at all with the linen you used and the finish. Very classic IMO. Love it!
ReplyDeleteAll three finishes are beautifully stitched and finished. And you are right, that ornament is not completely primitive, it also can fits in a different style, maybe because it has that golden thread in it.
ReplyDeleteThe Friendship piece is so lovely and I think I would keep the pattern as well, you might want to stitch it again. And what a pretty CCN pillow. These fabrics are like made for it.
Stunning finishes love the Peace on Earth one I really do xx
ReplyDeleteLovely finishes.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous finishes, the Trilogy one is very cute
ReplyDeleteAll your stitching is so lovely!! And your finishing is perfect, as usual! I really enjoyed seeing your projects! So pretty!
ReplyDeletelovely snowman !
ReplyDeleteAndrea, your two little pillows are lovely. I love the contrasting colours in Peace no Earth and the cord is perfect. Can I ask what thread you used for the cord? I recently stitched a red and gold ornament and would have loved to make gold cord but it would have used up all my RG Treasure Braid.
ReplyDeleteFriendship for all Seasons is such a jolly design. I'm not surprised you wanted to stitch it for yourself.
Home Sweet Home is lovely. You really have an eye for choosing pretty fabrics to compliment your finishes.
Oooo Andrea I love Country Cottage Needleworks designs, you have stitched this beautifully, absolutely love it!
ReplyDeleteLovely works:)) smack
ReplyDeleteAlways am inspired by your lovely finishes Andrea! Love each and every one of them. Enjoy your summer and we'll be here waiting when you come back to your blog!
ReplyDelete