Thank you for all of the wonderful comments I have been receiving. It's always good to hear from you all and your words bring a huge smile to my face.
Last week I thought we were in summer and now this week I think we have returned to winter. I have been so cold here the last few days. Hopefully now May has begun the warmer weather will return.
Last week I thought we were in summer and now this week I think we have returned to winter. I have been so cold here the last few days. Hopefully now May has begun the warmer weather will return.
-oOo-
I did say it would be Spring projects this time but I forgot to show this Prairie Schooler Santa on my last stitching post.
Finished in the same way as my last one and probably the next gazillion Santas'! I must say he does look a bit grumpy ... not at all a jolly Santa.
1999 Schooler Santa - The Prairie Schooler.
18ct Khaki Davos.
Recommended DMC threads.
-oOo-
Now for my latest Spring finishes. This was a freebie design from The Prairie Schooler that I stitched last year. I found a small piece of blue fabric that seemed to go quite well with the dungarees and is finished as a pillow.
"Bunny" (freebie) - The Prairie Schooler.
32ct Black Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC threads.
-oOo-
My next piece is another freebie from the designer Martine290 at Broderies Passion. I just love these delicate designs. She chooses wonderful thread colours. The only one I changed (and it is almost an identical colour) was DMC 3859 to GAST Victorian Pink.
Printemps 2012 (freebie) - Martine290 (Broderies Passion).
40ct Antique White Newcastle Linen.
Used recommended threads except GAST Victorian Pink instead of DMC 3859.
-oOo-
I really wanted a fun design to stitch and this Tralala design fitted perfectly. I stitched it on 28ct raw cashel linen, 1 over 1 and finished as a pinkeep with green velvet ribbon for the edging. I'm hoping I can find a complimentary colour for the other seasonal designs when I get to them.
Moutons de Saisons: Printemps - Collection Tralala.
28ct Raw Cashel Linen.
Stitched 1 over 1.
Used recommended DMC threads.
-oOo-
Oh and you may ... or may not of noticed my new profile pic. I have had this MDF sign in my craft stash for about 3 years! I thought it was high time I actually finished it. The words are clear varnished and with lots of flower decoration it makes for a lovely sign for my "Craft Room" door.
-oOo-
Until next time ....
Wow. Really pretty finishes. They will be a great addition. Hope is gets warm for you soon.
ReplyDeleteEverything is just adorable. I love the Broderies Passion and the Tralala over one is great.
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful attention to detail Andrea. Love them all.
ReplyDeleteYour sign is fabulous!
Oh Andrea I love your tralala finish, well of course I would wouldn't I ,with it having a sheep in it. Love the Prairie Santa but yes he does look grumpy, but not many of those do look happy. I keep promising I will do them all,well perhaps in my lifetime!
ReplyDeleteThe colours are lovely in your other design too. Have a good weekend and month of May.
wowwwww all really nice. Milena
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful work, love santa .
ReplyDeleteYour Spring sitching is wonderful too , so pretty I love Spring stitching.
Love your new sign its just great , you done again a wonderful job .
It has been cold here the last two days.
Happy Weekend
Wonderful finishes.
ReplyDeleteThe little bunny is very cute.
Have a wonderful weekend, Manuela
Congrats on all of the lovely finishes Andrea.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Wonderfull works!! Really love them all:)) smack
ReplyDeleteYour finishes are so so pretty! The blue fabric is perfect on your bunny pillow and the spring finishes are gorgeous! I agree about poor Santa looking a bit grumpy but he's lovely anyway.
ReplyDeleteOh Andrea! You are so talented. I love all your finishes. I especially love the Santa with the gingerbreads (I love Gingerbreads)!!! Love the lace trims you used. LOVELY!! Wonderful sign you made and I love the pretty drawers boxes peeking in the background of the Printemps finish.
ReplyDeletelove Annette
Wonderful finishes.
ReplyDeleteAll of your finishes are just lovely :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful ornaments - you did an awesome job with finishing them. Love your new sign as well. We are having crazy weather here as well.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes, I especially love Tralala's Spring!
ReplyDeleteYour craft room sign is wonderful, just love it!
Hope the weather turns warm for you!
Hugs,
What wonderful stitching! blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteI love the sign. You always do such a wonderful job of finishing! All of your smalls are just little works of art!
ReplyDeleteBravo pour toutes ces belles réalisations, j'admire toujours vos finitions
ReplyDeletemerci à vous d'avoir si joliment brodé et mise en valeur ma petite grille,
bon dimanche
You have stitched many lovely pieces and the finishings are great too! Lovely post!
ReplyDeleteWow, Andrea, you have been very busy. Love all your finishes but I especially love the Tra La La sheep! So cute.
ReplyDeleteYour sign looks so pretty.
The weather has definitely been rather cool hasn't it? It looks like they're going back up but I think it's going to rain all week :(
Lovely spring finishes! I really like the Printemps one.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful its hard to pick my favourite xx
ReplyDeleteLovely, lovely stitching! As Michelle said it's hard to pick a favourite!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty finishes!! Love the Tralala one best, I too stitched that one before. Aren't they just fun stitch??
ReplyDeleteOh, so many beauties you've shared with us today, Andrea! I just love that PS Santa and have stitched him myself. I gave him away so must make a note to stitch him again... And the little PS bunny is so sweet, too--great fabric you've finished him with.
ReplyDeleteThe soft spring colors of your other finishes are so appealing--hope they help bring back your spring weather. Ours has finally warmed up this week and it feels heavenly :)
Your new profile picture is just perfect for you and your craft room!!
Beautiful finishes.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that you were having some cold days lately. I hope this cold period is gone. And it should have with all your wonderful spring stitching and finishes. All these little projects are so beautiful and it's impossible to choose a favourite.
ReplyDeleteNice PS Santa, too. And you are right, he is looking a little bit grumpy. Maybe ke is not allowed to eat from the gingerbread men, lol.
che meraviglie! tutto bellissimo
ReplyDeleteAs always, your finishes are lovely! What a wonderful job you have done!
ReplyDelete