Ahhh, I have missed you all. It's good to be back in stitching land again. I took a few weeks off from the internet which I did enjoy. I'm still limiting myself as I do find I get carried away at times looking at one thing then going off on a tangent and before you know it 3 hours have gone by.
Now the days seem to be getting shorter, well we are in Autumn ... and I need my daylight lamp on in the evenings it appears it is time to get the needles back out. So what have I been doing? I haven't been idle ... can a stitcher/crafter be idle I wonder ... I am in the process of making my Christmas cards, getting photos printed for my Project Life albums, went away for a weeks' holiday and attended a couple of craft events.
Leonie and Dean at Summer Crafting - Doncaster
The Great British Craft Festival - Stoneleigh.
-oOo-
I did manage June and July's ornaments and have just finished August's. June's ornament was a Drawn Thread freebie, White Christmas. I have had this in my folder for the longest time. Each year I say I will stitch it, well this is the year. Stitched on 40ct raw Newcastle linen with a mixture of hand dyed threads and DMC. Larger areas I tend to stitch the hand dyed, then you can see colour changes. If it is a small area and there is no real benefit than DMC will suffice.
White Christmas (Freebie) - The Drawn Thread.
40ct Raw Newcastle Linen
Threads used:
GAST Sable
GAST Claret
DMC 844, 739
CC English Ivy
-oOo-
July's ornament is a Prairie Schooler design called Christmas Eve Deer. I have stitched this one before but wanted one for my tree. A simple beaded edge for the finish.
Christmas Eve Deer - The Prairie Schooler.
32ct Summer Khaki Belfast Linen.
Recommended DMC except DMC 520 instead od DMC895.
The Gift of Stitching Magazine Issue 46.
The Gift of Stitching Magazine Issue 46.
-oOo-
August's ornament is by Little House Needleworks, Winter Sampler and is taken from the Just Cross Stitch ornament issue 2009. Again this is my second time around and this was finished with a flouncy bow and beaded hat pin.
Winter Sampler - Little House Needleworks.
32ct Limestone Belfast Linen.
Used mixture of recommended threads.
Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2009.
-oOo-
Nearly forgot to mention the seasonal Collection Tralala design, Moutons de Saisons - Été. This was my final summer finish. I haven't done very well with the "Summer" season ... oh well on to Autumn designs now.
Mouton de Saisons: Été - Collection Tralala.
28ct Raw Cashel Linen (over 1).
Used recommended DMC and alternative DMC except Atalie Lie de Vin.
-oOo-
We had a beautiful sunset last week. I saw quite a number of photos that people had taken on the news programmes. They tend to show viewers photos before the weather forecasts. I did manage to capture an image or two and although there are many evenings when the skies are beautiful, last weeks was one of the better ones.
-oOo-
Until next time ....

Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Andrea.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Your ornaments are beautiful Andrea. Love them all. x
ReplyDeleteYour stitching is so nice and love your finishing ideas. Would you consider lending/sharing the P.S. reindeer design? I understand the magazine is out of print.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Jean Davis
So nice to hear from you! You have been busy. Fantastic work. And a gorgeous sunset!
ReplyDeleteOh Andrea, such wonderful stitching and finishing. I do like the 2 reindeer, and the bee fabric you used for Tra-la-la's design is charming.
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea, it's lovely to see you back here after your summer break. As always, beautiful stitching and finishing :)
ReplyDeleteI hear you about time escaping when you are on the computer - ha ha. Love your ornaments - your tree is going to be beautiful this year. Have a great fall
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful sunset!! Great ornaments and beautiful finishing!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you've been busy.
ReplyDeleteAll of your finishes are very pretty.
Marilyn
Good to have you back Andrea .
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ornaments and your finish are just so lovely.
Love the sunsets too we also had a few lovely ones my hubby would keep calling me to take a look .
Hello Andrea,
ReplyDeleteyour stitching are so perfect. Lovely finishes.
Greetings, Manuela
Glad you had a nice summer. It is still warm here, but you can tell fall is on the way. All of your stitching is beautiful, so is the finishing. Wow, what a beautiful sunset.
ReplyDeleteHello Andrea,
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. Your Christmas ornaments are, as always,
so beautiful. I think my favourite is LHN Winter Sampler
because of the little red house and the delicate alphabet.
I am the one who was so very lucky to receive your first
go round of this design a few years back and let me tell
you, I adore it!!! It is out all year round in my craft room
until the Christmas season when I put it out on the book
case in our living room.
I've forgotten how sweet and lovely Tralala designs are.
That sheep is perfectly adorable.
Delighted that you stitched up Friendship in All Seasons
for yourself. It's a classic and of course your talent for
finishing your projects takes this one to the next level
of ... WOW!!
Beautiful sunset! Nature's paint brush at work!
Cheers!
Lovely work Andrea. I am so glad Autumn is here. Hey I too was at Doncaster - loved it but wished there was just a little bit more crocheting and knitting xx
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Andrea--you and your lovely stitching have been missed. You've made the most perfect looking ornaments--love each and every one :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ornaments Andrea!
ReplyDeleteYou are back and you have such a lot to show. These are some wonderful ornaments that you have stitched and finished so beautifully, Andrea. And the summer sheep by Tralala are so sweet. Looking forward to seeing your fall stitching.
ReplyDeleteYour ornaments are lovely.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to receive your post; love the beautiful sunset, and your stitching and finishing makes me itch to get mine going. Thank you for the wonderful incentives! Happy stitching.
ReplyDeleteYour sunset photos are amazing!
ReplyDeleteLove your finishes - you are so good about pulling out those older JCS ornament issues and stitching a gem from them. I need to pull my back issues out!
What beautiful finishing Andrea, so inspiring! You seem to have a talent for choosing just the right fabrics and trims, and finishing so perfectly too!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful - I adore the Christmas Eve Deer its stunning x
ReplyDeleteAs always, your finishing is wonderful! So, so pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteYour ornaments are gorgeous Andrea.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sunset.