11 sleeps until Christmas. Is everyone getting excited? I have calmed down this week as I know all the items I have ordered via the internet have arrived, they are all wrapped and ready. Most of the cards have been given out, just the odd ones still to give to people when I see them. It really doesn't feel like Christmas, it's still too mild, I think we need a bit of old Jack Frost!
-oOo-
I have managed to stitch my ornament for November. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a December ornament! This is Snow Love by Country Cottage Needleworks. I stitched on 36ct raw Edinburgh linen as I didn't have any of the new spotty fabric. I used the recommended DMC colours listed, DMC 839 instead of the GAST Picnic Basket and changed CC Bean Sprout to GAST Chives. It is finished as per the cover photo, a Vonna finish I believe. You certainly can't go wrong with replicating a Vonna finishing style.
Snow Love - Country Cottage Needleworks.
36ct Raw Edinburgh Linen.
Used DMC and GAST threads.
-oOo-
My next large project will be another Drawn Thread design. This is The Winter Garden. I'm tending to just pick this up and stitch just a little bit now and again. I'm sure over the holiday period I will be adding to the progress.
The Winter Garden - The Drawn Thread.
36ct Pearl Grey Edinburgh Linen.
Using recommended silk threads.
-oOo-
I would just like to take this opportunity to welcome the new commenters. It's great to see some new names. If you have questions I am always happy to help if I can (my email is in my profile - top right of the side-bar). All I ask is that if you are a no-reply blogger, I have someway of getting in touch with you. There is nothing more frustrating than someone asking a question and they don't leave an email. Oh and it might take me a day or two but I will get back to you.
-oOo-
Until next time .....
What a sweet, sweet ornament. I can tell Winter Garden is going to be lovely.
ReplyDeletethat is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ornament and such a pretty design to watch grow in the coming weeks.
ReplyDeleteOh my, Winter Garden looks like it's going to be so pretty!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely ornament and very neatly finished!
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays!!
Your Nov. ornament is so pretty and I like the new design you have started.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great ornament and a wonderful finish. The Drawn Thread seasonal garden series has been whispering my name!
ReplyDeleteI love that Drawn Thread project. Sooner or later I'll begin it too. In the meanwhile I appreciate you show your whips.
ReplyDeleteCompliments for the CCN ornament. I love all of them so much. My first love was French cross stitch but know - I don't know why - I prefer American and German designers (do you know UB designs? Ulrike Blothzeim's books are so lovely!).
Ciao
Fiore
Wonderful!! I love it! Merry Christmas
ReplyDeleteHello Andrea,
ReplyDeletelovely little ornament. Wonderful new start.
Greetings, Manuela
So lovely, your new ornament. And you are right, Vonna's finishings and her tutorials are always inspiring.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, a new DT project. Enjoy stitching on it.
Great finish on Snow Love, and nice start on Winter Garden.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
Marilyn
Lovely finish! I hope that you can enjoy the rest of the season now that all the shopping is out of the way.
ReplyDeleteThe Winter Garden start is lovely. Her designs are so elegant.
Have a great rest of the week!
What a lovely finish :-)
ReplyDeleteLooks like we will be having a wet rather than white Christmas, perhaps
that's the reason i'm not feeling very festive at the moment.
Snow Love is beautifully stitched & finished.
ReplyDeleteYour new bigger start is very promising!
I've seen Winter Garden finished and up close and personal and it is positively STUNNING!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see yours grow...as you, my dear are a fabulously meticulous stitcher!
Thank you for the nod...I think your finishing is the cat's meow too! MEOW! :)
What a beautiful finish of CCN Snow Love! I stitched this one last year but still haven't got round to finishing it off yet.
ReplyDeleteYour new start looks like it is going to be another beautiful design.
Very pretty, Andrea! I love your finish and new start! Merry Christmas! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your ornament finish ~ the snow couple are so sweet! And your Drawn Thread piece is going to be beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour Snow Love ornament is wonderful... you did an exemplary job of finishing it also! Look forward to seeing how the Winter Garden looks when you are finished. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAndrea, Snow Love is just adorable. A Vonna finish is always a winner and you have certainly done a wonderful job of it.
ReplyDeleteYour Drawn Thread piece is looking beautiful!
Thank you again for my wonderful ornament!
Love that ornament! Congrats on the beautiful finish!
ReplyDeleteI always admire your finishes so much, Andrea, and this little cutie is no exception! And I know I'll love your Drawn Thread piece--it is already looking so pretty.
ReplyDeleteHope you're enjoying this last week before Christmas--sounds like you are all prepared and can simply relax and enjoy the season :)
Its beautiful Andrea - Merry Christmas to you xx
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteI love all of your finishes, they are always so pretty!
Merry Christmas!
Very pretty indeed.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you.