24 January 2016

House Building

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I have being reading and hearing about the snow storms in the US. How terrible. I hope you are all safe and warm over there. I watched the President Obama and his car cavalcade driving along the road or should I say sliding. Oh and there was, I think, an army veteran who had adapted his wheelchair to have a snow-plough on the front and caterpillar tyres on to help keep the pavements clear of snow. Ingenius!!
 
-oOo-

Well I'm back to show you my progress on the Drawn Thread piece I'm working on at the moment. I have spent what seems like forever stitching the house and it does dominate the middle of the piece. Not in a bad way of course, more of a focal point I suppose. All that white ... stitch after stitch after stitch. Still the house is built now and I can go on and so the garden landscaping on the other side.




The Winter Garden - The Drawn Thread.
36ct Pearl Grey Edinburgh Linen.
Using recommended silk threads.
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ......

37 comments:

  1. What a stunning piece, cannot wait to see the finished design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Drawn Thread - one of my most favorite designers - your piece is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely, delicate piece. I love the leaves on the tree. And I love that my daughter's name - Ivy - is listed under the house! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. It;s a beautiful house Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter Garden is so pretty. I don't know that I have seen this one yet. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The house is stunning Andrea. The whole piece is beautiful.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's looking great. I only had a dusting in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely...and your work is meticulous! I am new to your blog...and I'm loving your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Winter Garden is just beautiful. I think we have all stitched those white houses that never seem to end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. c'est très joli, j'aime beaucoup

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful and your stitching is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stitching is perfect, so neat, I love that house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is so pretty.
    Love the tree.
    Great progress.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea its absolutely beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not familiar with this design. Your progress so far is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a lovely piece by Drawn Thread and you are making wonderful progress on it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's stunning!
    All that hard work has really paid off :)
    That tree also look like a fun stitch!!
    All so neat, perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, what a glorious house! And those trees--Cynthia designs the best trees, doesn't she? I really love this piece, Andrea--especially the cardinals :)

    Yes, there have been some unbelievable photos of the storm damage. We were so lucky in our part of Pennsylvania as we were on the periphery and only got 4 inches of snow... My poor son in DC is buried under 24 inches and the city has basically shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your stitching us always perfect and amazing! Can't wait to see this completed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, that's just gorgeous, Andrea! I love all those delicate stitches around the house.

    ReplyDelete

  22. I love your white house the design is just beautiful .
    Yes I agree houses take for ever to stitch .
    Always love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Drawn Thread designs are so lovely, the tree is superb with its straight stitched leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your Drawn Thread project; it is beautiful!! I had not seen it before. Happy stitching....................

    Pam in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous, your Winter Garden. I don't know what it is but these DT pieces all have a special look and you can recognize them among hundreds of designs. This conifer tree is one of her typical trees, so lovely. Yes, stitching houses always takes some time, but when they are finished, they are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This piece is stunning and your work is as always, immaculate. Continued Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It may have taken you a while, but it is absolutely gorgeous! And love the right side with the tree and flower pot--they just pop! You do wonderful work!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty design, I just love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful piece of needlework--please keep sharing your progress. Nashville had 8" of snow and this is a record--it seldom snows in the south. It was beautiful and peaceful and I enjoyed a snow day at home doing what I love best: needlework

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a stunning piece. Love the colors and the beautiful stitches.

    ReplyDelete

  31. Oh how did I miss this lovely post must have been when I was ill.
    I just love this design so pretty and beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.