26 March 2016

Easter Greeting!

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Happy Easter to you all. Here you will find a calorie-free Easter feast! :) I have one or two bits and pieces to share with you all. I did say in my last post I would show you my WIP, well ...... I can't as it is now a finish. I was enjoying the piece so much I just kept stitching and stitching. My second Drawn thread finish of the year is Love Letters. A little late for Valentines Day but love is all year round in my book.

 
Love Letters - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Antique Ivory Belfast Linen.
Recommended hand dyed NPI and Dinky Dyes Silks.
 
-oOo-
 
The ornament that I stitched for March's Merry Christmas by Little House Needleworks. It is stitched on 32ct Limestone Belfast Linen which in certain lights seems to have a green hue to it. Of course it had to have the obligatory bow!!



Merry Christmas - Little House Needleworks.
32ct Limestone Belfast Linen.
Used recommended hand dyed Classic Colorworks threads.
Handmade cord = DMC 3051/ecru.

-oOo-
 
So the piece that is actually my current WIP is a Lizzie*Kate chart that was gifted to me by Judy this past Christmas. I had kitted up My Secret Garden a few weeks ago but was missing a few threads that I thought needed to be the GAST threads. I waited until my birthday month bonus at The Patchwork Rabbit and duly ordered my list of threads plus a few more. Karla also sent a little charm as a gift too! It's so sweet. Progress so far ......
 
 
My Secret Garden - Lizzie*Kate.
32ct Platinum Belfast Linen.
Using mixture of recommended DMC and GAST threads

 
 
-oOo-
 
So I shall leave you with the glories of Spring in the garden. It was beautiful yesterday, the big yellow ball in the sky was shining and it really felt like a lovely Spring day. Then we have today ..... oh well brighter days ahead.
 
 
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ...... 

24 comments:

  1. Love Letters turned out so pretty.
    The subtle colors are nice.
    Merry Christmas is too cute with it's white bow.
    Secret Garden will be so pretty.
    Have a nice Easter.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Love Letters and the LHN piece are so pretty. Spring looks lovely in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful work you've done your Love Letters is beautiful! Happy Easter! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big finish. It will look great framed. the ornament is finished so pretty, love the bow. pretty flowers in the photos. Have a happy easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter! Two beautiful finishes. I really love how you finished the CCN ornament. And what gorgeous colours in your new stitch!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Always Love coming over to your blog , another lovely post and beautiful stitching .
    Beautiful flowers and it was a lovely Spring day , not like today.
    Happy Easter and bunny hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!! Happy Easter! Woody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stitching.
    Your Christmas ornament is beautiful.
    Happy Easter, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Letters is awesome. It is in my stash. Sweet ornament. We have snow that has yet to melt here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely DT finish! Congrats! And also the March LHN ornament is cute as ever! Look forward to seeing progress on My Secret Garden... those are lovely colors to use on it! Happy Easter! Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous finishes Andrea. Your Christmas ornament is very pretty and the Drawn Thread piece is beautiful.
    The Lizzie Kate looks as though it will be a fun stitch - it's looking good already.
    So lovely to see the Spring flowers everywhere.
    Happy Easter!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea, what a lovely post, all pleasure and no guilt, although, I have just finished a delicious little chocolate mousse egg eaten with a dainty purple spoon.... Haha! The very colour of your bright purple crocuses.
    Love Letters is such a pretty design. No wonder you couldn't stop working on it. The motifs are very dainty and the pinks and greens really delicate. In contrast, your March ornament is bold and festive. It really looks full of festive spirit.
    I love ordering from Katla. She's so helpful and more often than not its next day delivery. I love the chart. I just missed out on my birthday treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching, Andrea. The colors in Love Letters are my favorite and I agree, love is an all year, every day, every minute thing. The LHN ornie is wonderful! That pretty, white bow sets it off perfectly. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post - like you I am thinking ahead and have begun knitting and stitching Christmas themed items - its good to know brighter days are just around the corner xx Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your finished stitching is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful finishes, Andrea! Your finishing touches are always so nicely done. Some gorgeous threads for My Secret Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful stitching and finishing Andrea :)
    Belated Easter wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty stitching, nice new threads for the new one.
    Such gorgeous flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, so great to see another Drawn Thread finish here. It looks gorgeous. And your little ornament is so beautifully stitched and finished. I love it.
    Great new start on the L*K piece. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm always so impressed with your Drawn Thread finishes, Andrea (well, with all of your stitching, really, but especially those!). Love Letters is just gorgeous as is your sweet LHN ornament. I just bought that chart myself--hope my finish turns out as nicely--I really like your green and white cording.

    Happy April to you--can't believe how quickly this year is moving on...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Andrea,

    Belated Easter Greetings and all that!!! My ears were burning (so to speak) and I was
    drawn to check out your blog and lo you mentioned my name in your latest post. I'm
    so excited to see your latest project develop and emerge from beneath your talented
    needles!! The colours are sooo pretty!

    Your spring flowers are looking wonderful. Our crocuses are done and the daffodils
    are above ground but the flowers are having second thoughts about blooming given
    the weather these days. Weather man is talking about Polar Vortexes and colder
    then normal temperatures for next week which triggers the hibernating instincts in
    me. It snowed here this afternoon for a bit. Ugh!!!

    Your finish of The Winter Garden is stunning!! You seem to have an affinity for
    Drawn Thread designs I think. Love all those specialty stitches which make their
    designs so unique and a feast for the eye.

    I love your thread colour choices for French Country ~ Love. Wasn't the design
    done all one colour on the chart for this one? If so, I like the border being a
    different colour from the heart. Everything just stands out so much nicer.
    Gorgeous!!!

    Your thrift store mannequin was quite a find wasn't it? Finding things like
    that can be so thrilling. And you can't beat the price!

    Plenty turned out great and looks even better set off by it's bright, checked
    bow/hanger. You always seem to have the perfect ribbon for every occasion!

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both your finishes are beautiful Andrea. Your ornament looks so pretty.

    Lovely start on Secret Garden. I'd forgotten how beautiful that design was.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry to be so late reading and posting to your blog. Both of your pieces are beautiful. Your stitching is so pretty. Nice start on your L*K. Lovely flowers in your garden.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.