13 November 2016

The Last Mention of Halloween

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Having turned the clocks back, the weather has taken a turn too. Oh it's so cold and it's not even Winter yet! Every year I seem to feel the cold more and more. Time to get the extra duvet out I think.

-oOo-

So the latest and last Halloween piece for this year. Another Drawn Thread design, Full Moon. It is stitched on the recommended fabric of 32ct Dirty Belfast linen, 1 over 2 with NPI Silks and Dinky Dye Silks. I'm always a bit hesitant about 1 over 2 on 32ct and I shouldn't be really, I've done enough of them now to know better. I'm not sure why but I find that 1 strand of a silk thread covers better than 1 strand of DMC.


Full Moon - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Dirty Belfast Linen.
Recommended NPI and Dinky Dye Silks.
 
-oOo-
 
I need to catch up on my ornaments, the October one isn't even done yet, not even thought about what I'm going to stitch. Ahhhhhhhhhh.
 
Until next time ......

15 comments:

  1. These look so pretty in the silks.
    Can't wait to see how you finish these. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. very Andrea. I do not like it gets dark so early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Halloween piece. Just perfect for tonight with the super moon!

    ReplyDelete

  4. More beautiful stitching by a very talented lady , hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super little finish, and its reminded me that tonight we have a super moon to look at in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One NPI silk thread over two on 32 ct linen looks really good and the coverage is so much better than one over two with DMCs - these are a lot thinner than silks. Great finish, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet ornament - love it. I am giving up on SALs for next year, I can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I just love this design. For some reason, silk seems thicker than cotton thread. I balk at 1 over 2 on 32ct as well but it looks great when using silk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these, Andrea! I stitched the large one five times (for friends) and inserted it in the top of a round box. They were quite the hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty Andrea. Makes me wish I had stitched something myself for Halloween. I've aways loved the designs around for this celebration but the wedding stitching has all but dominated this year. Not long now, just the wedding sampler to finish then I can stitch for myself again :-) I may even get a Christmas ornament in...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cross stitch..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.